This dish was created from all the things I truly enjoyed as a kid. Delicious creamy stuffed salmon is an easy one-pan meal that you can whip up in under 30 minutes. The perfectly seasoned  salmon is seared and stuffed with a delicious cream sauce made from garlic, spinach, parmesan, and cream cheese. It’s tender, flaky, and so good. Serve this flavorful seafood meal over jasmine rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Who says you can’t enjoy healthy indulgent meals? Check out this twist on an homemade inspired salmon dish. 

Creamy Stuffed Salmon

• 4 skinless salmon fillets
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter divided
  • 4 ounce cream cheese at room temp
  • 4 ounce frozen spinach thawed
  • 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 3 teaspoons minced garlic divided
LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Place each salmon fillet on a flat surface. Season both sides with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Create a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Make the spinach filling: Squeeze excess liquid out of the spinach and discard liquid. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and 2 teaspoons of garlic. Season with salt and pepper.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Fill salmon pockets with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the spinach dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and remaining oil in a skillet (or nonstick pan) over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and fry until golden (about 6 to 7 minutes). Carefully flip and allow to cook on the other side until golden and cooked through (another 6-7 minutes, depending on the size of your fillets).

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Cover with a lid and continue cooking for a further 2-3 minutes, if necessary, until cooked through.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Transfer to a warm plate to make garlic butter.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Make the garlic butter: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the remaining oil/juices in the pan leftover from the salmon. Add the 1 teaspoon of garlic and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; saute until garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove and serve with the salmon.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez