Cold Winter Day? This Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole Will Warm You Up This Winter
Total time: 1 hour
1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 beaten egg
3 tbsp. butter, cubed
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Roast sweet potatoes (about 3 large potatoes) in the oven until tender. Let cool and peel skin.
2. Combine hot potatoes, granulated sugar, milk, egg, the 3 tablespoons of cubed butter, and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients, but leave the sweet potatoes a little chunky.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart square baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour and cut in the 2 tablespoons of butter using a fork or your hands. It should look like crumbs once you're done. Add the pecans and sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
5. Bake uncovered at 350º for about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Need even more reasons to curl up with a blanket? Try these 13 comfort food recipes, from pho to mac and cheese.