Spoon University Logo
Recipes

7 Rosemary Cocktails You Should Try This Fall 

It isn’t uncommon to order a drink garnished with rosemary (think of a martini or mojito), most take out the leafy sprig and set it aside as they sip on their drink. Rosemary may not be what you think of as a flavor profile when going for a cocktail as it’s mostly used in savory dishes, perfumes, and even soaps. Rosemary is a complex flavor with hints of citrus, mint, and sage, all in one for an earthy and woodsy taste which is perfect for the fall season. The herb is an evergreen native to the Mediterranean region, similar to thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram, and lavender. It’s best paired with oranges, clementines, lemons, and grapefruit to bring out those aromatic undertones or also infuse it with cranberries, and blackberries. Whether you’re in the mood for a refreshing pick-me-up throughout your day or a cozy wind-down to warm up your evening, rosemary is a go-to when spicing up your drinks. Here are some easy cocktails with rosemary you can make at home.  

Apple Cider Mimosas  

@ashlynchampgatlin

Perfect Fall Mimosa! 🍁🍂 first grab a champagne flute and coat rim in cinnamon sugar. (I used agave on the rim and the dipped it in the cinnamon sugar mixture) Then pour glass almost to the top with champagne or prosecco. Then add a splash of apple cider. Garnish with rosemary and a few cranberries, and enjoy! #cocktail #applecidermimosa #fallcocktail

♬ original sound – Tik Toker

Start your rosemary journey with this apple cider mimosa recipe from @ashlynchampgatlin on Tiktok — it’ll become an all-year drink favorite. Mimosas are always a great way to kick off any social gathering. With a sugar cinnamon rim, apple cider, and your favorite champagne, garnish your drinks with cranberries and sugar-coated rosemary sprig.    

Pomegranate Palomas

@cocktails

Paloma perfection with a pomegranate punch😍Raise a glass to this perfect paloma🥂 #paloma #pomegranate #cocktails #fallcocktails For full recipe see @Mary Smith for more!

♬ original sound – Viral cocktails

Another great cocktail to easily incorporate rosemary is this fall paloma recipe by @maryswholelife featured on @cocktails. All you need is honey, tequila, lime juice, and pomegranate juice. Then, add a salt or sugar rim and top it off with a rosemary garnish and pomegranate seeds. 

Honey Rosemary Gimlet  

The rosemary is really present here, both in a simple syrup, as well a garnish. On TikTok, @tessatrox brings honey, water, and rosemary to a simmer, then combines this with lime juice. She uses two ounces of Hendricks Gin, but you can also use Beefeater or Plymouth as an alternative.  

Rosemary Negroni

For my mixologists, this drink smokes rosemary into the cocktail capturing all the complexity it has to offer by @join_jules. This drink is made with Bertha’s Revenge and Campari, lemon and juice, and an egg white. Add to a drink, a simple rosemary syrup and garnish with rosemary.  

Freezer Door Old Fashioned  

@join_jules

Looking for an easy fall flavored batched cocktail? Make this batched old fashioned that you can place right in your freezer and have ready for when guests arrive. The secret to this one? A homemade cinnamon & rosemary honey syrup Here’s how to make it: 1 cup water 1 cup honey 2-3 cinnamon sticks 2 sprigs of rosemary Zest from 1 orange Add to a pot and place on medium heat until the honey combines with the water to create a syrup like texture. Let simmer for approx. 8 minutes. Let cool completely and strain. To a large 750ml container add 16 oz bourbon 3 oz honey cinnamon & rosemary syrup 1/2 oz orange bitters 1/2 oz angostura bitters 3-4 oz filtered water, for dilution Stir in the container and place in the freezer until ready to use. Serve by adding approx. 3 oz over a large cube in a rocks glass. Xoxo, cheers! #thanksgiving #thanksgivingrecipes #drinkrecipes #oldfashioned #whisky #freezerdoorcocktails #batched

♬ Days Of Wine And Roses – Frank Sinatra

Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned? For my bourbon lovers, this is for you. Set the mood with this recipe by @join_jules. Using rosemary, cinnamon, and orange zest, with 16 ounces of bourbon, three ounces of honey, three ounces of water, and orange and Angostura bitters, this cocktail is then chilled for you to enjoy throughout the day. 

Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktail  

@happyhour.abby

🍂GRAPEFRUIT ROSEMARY MOCKTAIL🍂 1/2 oz rosemary syrup (see previous video for recipe) 2 oz grapefruit juice club soda to top method: add ingredients to your glass, add ice and gently stir. for a larger glass add more ice & more club soda! #mocktail #mocktails #mocktailrecipe #fallmocktails #falldrinks #fallrecipes #octoberrecipe #mocktailsandcocktails #mocktailgirlie

♬ we fell in love in october – girl in red

If you’re into spritzers, @happyhour.abby’s drink is bright and fizzy, with a lovely hint of sour making for a great palette cleanser. The rosemary ice cubes are a subtle way to infuse flavor into the drink without the fear of overpowering it.  

Cranberry Peach Sunrise  

This mocktail by @kristecafe is simple and easy. Plus, it only requires four ingredients: peach juice, cranberry juice, ice, and rosemary. Blend it for a fun twist and try it frozen.  

Tanita Love is a writer and journalist born and raised in Akron, Ohio. Her education is in English-Creative Writing at the University of Central Florida. She has also written for The Borgen Project focusing on issues in global poverty and marginalized groups. The past several years her writing work has consisted of creating instructional courses and video content for training. A frequent traveler and food enthusiast, Tanita has a passion for experiencing all sorts of cuisines and learning about different cultures. She’s a big supporter of both small businesses and local farmers markets, and an advocate for efforts in minimizing food insecurity. Her favorite go-to eats are sushi, Chicago style hotdogs, ramen, hot chicken, and pizza. In her downtime when she’s not writing, you can catch her at the movies, at a baseball game watching the Guardians, spending a day at one of Orlando’s many theme parks, or on the beach listening to music. After visiting 36 states, her favorite food cities are Chicago, Boston, New Orleans, Memphis, and Washington DC. For her next trips she plans on going back to Europe and Asia and hopes to spend some time in Africa to help with ongoing work in developing countries.