This chocolate peppermint cheesecake cake is easy and fun to make. The best part? You can top it with whatever you want. We chose to use chocolate drizzle, chocolate snowflakes and snowflake sprinkles. Add whatever you like to make this festive dessert to make it unique for your holiday dinner.

Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Cake

• Prep Time:3 hrs 20 mins
  • Total Time:4 hrs
  • Hard

• 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 box chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/4 sugar
  • 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup light green candy melts
  • 1 cup dark green candy melts
  • 1/4 cup snowflake sprinkles
  • 1 cup peppermint crunch
candy, pastry, cream, sweet, cake, chocolate
Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate in the microwave. Pour half of the melted chocolate into a snowflake mold. Sprinkle 1/2 cup peppermint crunch into the mold. Add the rest of the melted chocolate. Chill the chocolate for 3 hours.

Make the cake mixture by adding chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, sour cream, 4 eggs, canola oil and water to a bowl. Mix on medium until the mixture is well combined.

Make the cheesecake mixture by mixing together the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, peppermint extract and 1/2 cup peppermint crunch.

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers

Add half of the chocolate cake mixture to a bunt cake pan. Add the cheesecake mixture to the cake mix. Make sure the cheesecake does not touch the side of the pan. Add the rest of the chocolate cake mixture. Bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes.

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers

Add washi-tape to popsicle sticks to give the cake more color. Remove the chilled white chocolate from the snowflake molds. Place the colored popsicle sticks onto the chocolate peppermint snowflakes by using a dab of melted white chocolate.

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers

Add toppings. We melted light and dark green chocolate melts and drizzled both chocolates on top of the peppermint chocolate cake.

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers

We then added snowflake sprinkles and white chocolate snowflakes to the top of the cake.

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers

Last but not least, enjoy!

Gif by Paige Marie Rodgers