I've been craving chocolate at the end of every day, so this protein cookies recipe came to the rescue. That being said, the added protein powder and almond milk does make it a little tougher and makes the dough look less appealing, so I smushed them down in the classic PB cookie criss-cross, drizzled with dark chocolate, and called it a day.

If you need that sweet snack, I would definitely try out these chocolate, peanut butter, and banana protein cookies. This recipe is adapted from the Frugal Farmwife to add protein and chocolate-y goodness. 

Choco PB Banana Protein Cookies

• 1 overripe banana
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2/3 cup flour choice
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
  • Optional: dark chocolate chips
tea, coffee
Kate Dolan

Mash banana.

gravy, biscuits, mashed potatoes
    Kate Dolan

Add vanilla, milk, and peanut butter. Mix until combined.

cream, butter, peanut, peanut butter
    Kate Dolan

Add dry ingredients. Keep in mind you might have to add more or less depending on your preferred consistency. Mix.

cake, flour, bread
    Kate Dolan

Drop the dough in tablespoons on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF until baked all the way through, around 10-15 minutes.

pumpkin, chocolate, cake
    Kate Dolan

Smush with a fork in the typical peanut butter cookie criss-cross, and drizzle artfully with melted dark chocolate.

chocolate
    Kate Dolan

After inputing into MyFitnessPal, my life saver during my month of counting macros, the grams are in. My cookie scoop made nine cookies, so these are based on those measurements.

According to the specific brands I used, each cookie comes out to 77 calories, minus the dark chocolate drizzle. That's 2.1 grams of fat, 11.2 grams of carbs, and 3.8 grams of protein. Sure, it's not the most protein-packed cookie, but I also wanted to balance the flavors considering chocolate whey protein powder is my worst enemy. You can adjust to increase the protein powder if you can tolerate the taste. 

These protein cookies definitely hit the spot for me post-workout. Also, I linked the original recipe in the first paragraph and made them per her ingredients and times, and those are the cutest, sweetest little cookies in the world. I would suggest both, but the original also has less protein. 

If you're looking for more protein packed recipes, try these chocolate mocha protein pancakes or vegan pesto pasta.