Ever gone to a family dinner and felt the need to bring along some dessert? Chocolate seems to always be a fan favorite, so why not give these chocolate-covered pretzels a shot? Here's a how-to recipe that will have your family, friends, and anyone else raving.

#SpoonTip: Plan two or three days in advance to give yourself time to get the technique down.

Chocolate-Covered Pretzels

• Cook Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 5 mins

• 2-3 bags Original Rold Gold Tiny Twist Pretzels
  • 2-3 bags Wiltons Candy Melts
  • 2 plastic forks per color chocolate
  • 1 roll wax paper
  • 2-3 microwave-safe bowls
  • Hot pot/hot pan/double broiler/etc.
  • Sprinkles
  • Decorative bags with twist-ties or decorative plates
chocolate, cake, sweet, candy
Nicole Garcia

Pour one bag of colored chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and then put it in the microwave for 1 minute. While the chocolate is melting, separate the broken pretzels from the whole pretzels; you'll only use the whole ones. Set the bowl of chocolate into your warming device.

lemon, meringue
    Nicole Garcia

Mix the chocolate until it is melted. This is the trickiest part: managing the temperature on your warming device. Set it to medium. If the temperature is too high, the chocolate will get too thick; if the heat is too low, the chocolate will get too hard.

pie, cake, cream
    Nicole Garcia

Take each fork and break the center prongs off, leaving only the two on the outside (these will be your dipping spoons).

wine
    Nicole Garcia

Set a piece of parchment paper out (at least 20 inches long) on the table next to your dipping station to place the finished pretzels on. If you don't have parchment paper, try using wax paper.

Pass the chocolate-covered pretzel back and forth between the two dipping spoons to make sure the chocolate is evenly spread. Slide the chocolate pretzel onto one dipping spoon and run the other underneath it to scrape off the excess chocolate.

lemon, cream cheese, cream, cake
    Nicole Garcia

Using the dipping spoon, slide the pretzel onto the parchment paper. Repeat until you use all the melted chocolate in the bowl, then melt the next bowl of colored chocolate and continue until you're satisfied with the amount you've made.

cake, cookie
    Nicole Garcia

Here is the optional part: while they are wet add sprinkles, or drizzle other melted colored chocolate on top of them, etc. Get creative! Once they are completely dry, you can bag them or arrange them on a plate and you're ready to go.

chili, pepper, chocolate, candy
    Nicole Garcia