I’m someone who eats anything and everything, and while I try to eat a balanced diet I mayyyy binge on certain foods every now and then. Chicken salad is one of them, but unfortunately the calories can easily add up, thanks to the mayonnaise.
However, this Greek yogurt-based chicken salad is addicting AND lower in calories. Combining its finger lickin’ yet healthy qualities with my favorite mix-ins, I came up with this supa simple recipe you don’t have to feel guilty about eating.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s quick, foolproof, cheap, and customizable.
But first, some pro tips:
- Use rotisserie chicken or plain leftover chicken for convenience
- Mix both white and dark meat to attain a moist salad that’s still healthy
- You can add whatever mix-ins you like, ranging from dried fruits to nuts to celery
- Make a lot at once and keep in the fridge for up to five or six days for a quick lunch
- Serve on crackers, multigrain bread, salad or on its own
Healthy Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2
Shred and chop the rotisserie chicken into small pieces.
If you need a refresher on breaking down the bird then check out this guide. I used a drumstick and part of a breast.
In a bowl, mix together yogurt, mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Use salt sparingly, since the rotisserie chickens are usually generously seasoned.
If you prefer a less creamy dressing, you can thin it out with a splash of water or milk.
After removing dill leaves from the stems, give them a rough chop and add to dressing.
Add chopped chicken to the bowl.
Mix in nuts and dried fruit.
Fold in halved grapes, being careful not to break them. Serve as is or on salad, crackers or bread.