Yes, Parisa did challenge me to make a Valentine’s meal and yes, I accepted. What better way to show your Valentine that you truly are “husband material” than making a delicious homemade dinner? Or on the other hand, what better way to escape the disappointment of a lonely Valentine’s Day than with a glorious, hearty food coma?  Either way, this recipe should make your Valentine’s Day a success.  This chicken parm recipe is easy to make, especially considering the beautiful product that comes out at the other end.  It’s sure to have the “beau” in your life impressed with your creativity, possibly enough to distract from a mediocre gift-shopping performance this year.  Serve it up with some pasta or a simple Caesar salad and you’re in business!

Medium

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 
25 minutes

Servings: Makes enough for 2 good sized portions or 1 starved, lonely bachelor serving.

2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup store-bought spaghetti sauce
6-8 slices mozzarella
1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil (for frying)

Photo by Celeste Holben

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Coat small pan with about a 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. In one bowl mix up the 2 eggs; in another bowl combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
4. Coat chicken breasts in egg mixture first, followed by bread crumb mixture.  Repeat this one time.

Photo by Celeste Holben

5. Place chicken in frying oil for about 4 minutes each side.

Photo by Celeste Holben

6. Take out and place on baking sheet.
7. Spread spaghetti sauce on top of fried chicken breast, followed by mozzarella, to taste.

Photo by Celeste Holben

8. Place in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.

Photo by Celeste Holben

9. Serve with favorite pasta and/or salad and enjoy!