I hope you picked up a bag of cherries this summer while they were in season. Cherries are the perfect refreshing snack to bring to the pool or to eat when the munchies hit at 1 am. True cherry lovers know how well cherries go with chocolate, and this cherry Nutella lava cake recipe is the holy grail of this beautiful relationship.

This lava cake oozes out Nutella at first bite. The syrupy chocolate and the juices from the cherries will make all your friends ask you to make them one—even your vegan friend who can never have what you're having. Lava cakes are super easy to make and and this cherry Nutella lava cake is ready in only 15 minutes. For all cherry haters, try making this lava cake recipe for two instead.

Cherry Nutella Lava Cake

• 5 tablespoons Nutella - divided
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup cherries - chopped
  • 1 cup flour
sweet, chocolate, jam
Elizabeth Quintero

Grease 2 oven-safe mugs or ramekins with cooking spray or butter. Then preheat the oven to 400°F.

Combine the sugar, oil, milk, flour, and 4 tablespoons of Nutella. Whisk until it becomes a smooth batter.

Fill up your mugs with 1/4 of the batter each.

Chop the cherries and then stir them in with the remaining tablespoon of Nutella. Add more cherries to your liking. Place half of this mixture into each mug or ramekin.

Fill up the rest of the mugs or ramekins with the rest of the batter. The entire cake shouldn't fill up more than 2/3 of each mug (unless you're savage).

Bake the mugs at 400°F for 15 minutes. Control thyself as the aroma of Nutella fills up the apartment.

Once finished baking, the outside should be crusty and the center squishy. Carefully place a plate upside down over the mug, and flip it over. Slowly pat the mug until the cake falls and break open the walls to uncover the cherry and chocolate heaven inside.

This Nutella lava cake recipe is incredibly easy to make and is a quick fix for your sweet tooth. Get adventurous with this recipe too! Pair it with your fave red wine, make it with raspberries instead, or feed all your boyfriend's roommates like I did. Bathe this bad boy in whipped cream and you've got yourself a dessert fit for royalty.