One month ago today, I became a cat owner to a 2-month old kitten who—for better or worse—takes up so much of my time. In fact, as I type this sentence, my little guy is walking all over my keyboard, erasing my work. Nonetheless, my cat is my best friend. He loves to snuggle, play and, just like me, eat. 

Tabatha Marks

Soon, my cat and I will spend our first Christmas together and I want it to be so special. I plan to get him a little cat Christmas tree, a bunch of gifts and a cute little Santa hat. However, I cannot forget my favorite Christmas treat of all: cookies. I seriously just cannot get enough of the sweet deliciousness that lies out there. But what about my cat? He cannot exactly eat the same cookies I do (especially not chocolate ones). So, I decided this year that I will be making the ultimate Christmas cookie…for my cat. My recipe includes ingredients that cats not only can eat, but love.

The Ultimate Christmas Cookie for Your Cat

• 1 cup tuna
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 egg
  • 4 teaspoons catnip
  • 120 ml milk
tea, dairy product
Tabatha Marks

Dry all the water from your tuna can.

coffee, tea, espresso, chocolate
    Tabatha Marks

Place all your ingredients into a bowl and mix.

rice
    Tabatha Marks

Scoop out some of your mix, roll it into a ball, and place it onto a baking sheet or sheet of tin foil.

Tabatha Marks

Bake the cookies at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes.

Tabatha Marks

Let the cookies cool down for at least 5 minutes.

dairy product, cream, milk, sweet
    Tabatha Marks

Feed your cat.

cheese
    Tabatha Marks

Now, while I cannot tell you how these cookies taste, I can tell you that my cat loves them. He would not stop eating them, and when I finally put them away, he clawed at the fridge begging for more. It is certainly a Christmas hit. So for this holiday season, lay out some milk and cookies because Santa Claws is coming to town. And with this Christmas cat cookie recipe, he will be sure to leave you all the gifts you have ever wanted.