This recipe is a simple and delicious treat to make this holiday season. With a cinnamon roll crust, you don't even have to bother making from scratch. The caramel is a easy recipe and the apple rose pattern is a great way to decorate your pies to make them look festive and impressive!

Mini Cinnamon Roll Caramel Apple Pies

• 2 apples
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 lemon juiced
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter cut up into 6 pieces
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
juice, peach, sweet, apple
Photo by Alessandra Tacconelli

Cut the apples in half length-wise and remove the core. Using a very sharp knife, cut the apples into very thin slices. Combine apples with 3 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 30-second intervals until the apples are soft and bendable.

sweet, vegetable
    Photo by Hailey Ennis

To make the caramel, heat the sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir with rubber spatula until sugar is liquefied and amber in color.

Photo by Hailey Ennis

Slowly add in the butter and stir until combined. Then slowly add in the heavy cream and heat until desired consistency. Remember the caramel will thicken a bit when you remove it from the heat. Now remove the caramel from the heat and stir in vanilla.

Take your cinnamon rolls out of the can and roll them out with a rolling pin or your hands. Place each cinnamon roll dough in a cupcake tin.

sweet, cake, pastry, muffin
    Photo by Hailey Ennis

Fill each cinnamon roll dough about half full with your caramel. Start with one slice and roll it into a tight cylinder. Take additional slices and continue wrapping them around each other until you get the desired rose look you want. The caramel helps hold the apples in place.

Bake the tarts at 350ºF for about 12 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked and golden.

Remove from the oven and enjoy!

tart, candy, cake, sweet, pastry
    Photo by Alessandra Tacconelli

Not only is this an easy pie recipe but you will impress every guest at the table with the pretty rose design. The cinnamon roll and caramel apple combination is mouth watering. You and your family members will definitely want more than one!