Some people think that Thanksgiving dessert can't get much better than a warm, flaky, apple pie. Well, I am here to tell you otherwise. Imagine that same delicious apple pie, but with a gooey caramel layer AND in the form of pizza. If the sound of that makes your mouth water, then you must try this caramel apple pie pizza ASAP. 

This recipe can be made using store-bought ingredients, but if you're feeling extra ambitious, try making the pie crust, apple filling, and caramel yourself. You can also try one of these beautiful crust designs for even more points.

Caramel Apple Pie Pizza

• 2 pie crusts thawed
  • 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling
  • 5 oz caramel sauce
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
  • 1 egg
egg
Gracey Wallace

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.

Roll out the thawed pie crusts. Place one on the greased cookie sheet. Place the second on a floured surface and cut into 1/2-inch strips.

Spread an even layer of caramel sauce onto the first pie crust (you may need to warm up the sauce in the microwave to make it more spreadable).

jam, honey, sweet, marmalade, spread
    Gracey Wallace

Spread apple pie filling on top of the caramel layer.

Gracey Wallace

Take the strips from the second crust and lay over the apple layer in a lattice pattern.

cake, pie, sweet, chocolate, pastry
    Gracey Wallace

Crack and beat egg in a separate bowl to create an egg wash. Brush over the lattice.

Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the egg wash.

apple pie, sweet, pie, cake, candy, caramel, apple
    Gracey Wallace

Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top layer is golden brown and flaky.

Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. This gives the caramel a chance to harden up and make the pizza more stable. Cut into pizza slices and enjoy!

pastry, sweet, cake, pie
    Gracey Wallace

This caramel apple pie pizza is super simple to execute but looks quite impressive. Whip this up for the holiday season, and remember to save room for dessert!