With the Gators’ football season in full swing, tailgates are back, and fans are hitting the grill. If you’re like me, the hotdogs and hamburgers can be a little overrated. Instead of the usual, overplayed tailgate food, change it up with a fun brunch to kick off game day!

Here are a few easy recipes for you to ‘get up and go’ before the next Gator football game.

All photos taken by Anthony Crowe. 

Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Pancakes

• 2 cups pancake mix
  • 1 ½ cups water
  • Mini chocolate chips
  • Fresh blueberries
  • Nutella
  • Maple syrup
  • Butter
Gabriela Rodriguez

Take 2 cups of pancake mix and combine it with 1 ½ cups of water. Mix until all lumps disappear and until the consistency is nice and creamy.

Add as many chocolate chips or blueberries as you’d like into your pancake mix!

Melt about 1/2 teaspoon of butter in a pan on medium-high heat.

Ladle out a scoop of pancake batter and place it in the preheated pan.

Cook one side of your pancake for about two minutes or until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Then, flip your pancake on the other side until it's fully cooked.

Repeat steps 4-5 until you run out of the pancake mix or reach your desired number of pancakes. Don’t forget to put butter on your pan each time you place a spoonful of pancake mix on it to ensure that your pancakes don't stick.

Gabriela Rodriguez

For an even tastier pancake, add more chocolate chips, blueberries, or pancake syrup when you’re all done cooking! And for my chocolate lovers out there, spread some Nutella on your chocolate chip pancakes.

Cream Cheese and Nutella Crescent Rolls

• 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
  • 1/4 cup Nutella
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
Gabriela Rodriguez

Preheat your oven to 375° Fahrenheit.

Open up your Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Break apart the pre-cut triangles and place them on your baking tray.

For four of the crescent triangles, add a tablespoon of Nutella in the middle. For the four remaining triangles, add a tablespoon of cream cheese in the middle.

Roll up your crescents and spread them apart on your pan. Bake them in your preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until they are a golden-brown color.

Warning: These rolls can be quite addicting, so you may want to consider purchasing a package of crescent rolls with a higher quantity for larger tailgating parties.

Avocado Toast

• Cook Time:0

• 2 Hass avocados
  • Olive oil
  • Goat cheese
  • 1 lime
  • Salt
  • 4 bread slices
Gabriela Rodriguez

Take your avocados and cut them in half. Peel the avocados and remove the seed inside. Cut the avocado into small, thick slices.

Take the bread of your choice and throw them in the toaster for about 3 minutes.

Once your bread is toasted, place a couple of avocado slices on top and sprinkle some salt to taste.

For some extra flavor, drizzle with olive oil, squeeze a quarter of a lime, and top it all off with some crumbled goat cheese.

Mimosas

• Cook Time:0

• 1 bottle champagne
  • Pulp-free orange juice
  • Blackberries
Gabriela Rodriguez

Open the bottles of champagne and orange juice. For this tailgate, we used Brut’s André (a California champagne) and Tropicana’s 100% pulp-free orange juice.

Pour equal amounts of champagne and orange juice into a glass.

Drop two blackberries into your glass and enjoy!

Serve with a fresh fruit bowl with any fruit of your choice for additional refreshing snacks!

Blissful Brunch

This brunch tailgate is the perfect excuse to get your brunch on and throw a gator-themed festivity with your friends, roommates, and family. Switch up your usual pre-game plans and cheer on the gators with a fun brunch!