As you could easily surmise from a look at my history of writing at Spoon University, I am a fan of grab-and-go recipes. I have all kinds of free time on the weekend, but there's always those days during the middle of the week when I have class all day, a night class, a club meeting, and homework. 

Do I run to the block near my apartment that's occupied end to end with fast food? Sometimes. But mostly I make the effort to prepare something on the weekend that I can grab on my way out the door throughout the week. So here's another recipe like that for you to try.

Broccoli Cheddar Rice Cups

• 1 cup measured dry white rice cooked
  • 1 small head broccoli chopped and steamed
  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Cooking spray
sweet, dairy product, pastry, cake, cream
Photo by Caitlyn Heter

Prepare the rice and broccoli, then allow to cool. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl mix rice, broccoli, ranch, eggs, and half of cheese.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Spray a muffin tin with the cooking spray. Evenly distribute the rice mixture between 9 cups of the tin. They should be about 3/4 full.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, then bake the rice cups for about 30 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Enjoy throughout the week by storing the cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator and microwaving for about 1 minute and 30 seconds when you're hungry.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter