As soon as October rolled around, I found myself on TikTok watching cooking and baking videos. I decided that over break I wanted to channel my inner Gilmore Girl and feel cozy by baking some unique treats and sitting back to watch old classic movies.

1. Classic Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls

Skye Murphy

As I am sitting here writing this article, I have 5 minutes until these cinnamon rolls can come out of the oven, and they smell absolutely delicious! This treat is as simple as it gets, but it still has that autumn feel to it that gives you a sudden desire to make some on a cold October day.

These treats are so hard to mess up that you can make them so effortlessly. If you ever get a little lost, the directions are on the package, laying out anything that you need to do. Make them for your own movie night or as a dessert for the whole family! I even like to have them for breakfast, so these cinnamon rolls will fulfill whatever your heart desires. 

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

• 3 cups AP Flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice homemade or store bought
  • 1/2 vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp for cream cheese frosting
  • 8 oz cream cheese full fat
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
pumpkin, beer
Hailey Ennis

Preheat oven to 350° and line cupcake baking sheet with parchment paper
    Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl, set aside
    Whisk now the oil, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract
    Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix all together
    Scoop into cupcake liners and bake for 20 - 22 minutes

flour, milk, cereal, dairy product, bread, coffee, wheat, dough, sweet

Frosting:
    In a bowl add the cream cheese and the butter use a hand mixer on high speed to make it smooth and creamy
    Add the sugar, vanilla and salt and beat on low speed for 30 seconds then beat for 2 minutes
    Make sure the cupcakes have cooled down and go ahead and frost them!!

This flavorful dessert is perfect for a Friendsgiving or even a weekend night alone. The cozy flavors of pumpkin and cream cheese will comfort you on any occasion.

These sweet and scrumptious pumpkin cupcakes are ready for any time in the fall season. So take a look at this recipe I use, cause I know I will be making these next time I'm home. Imagine the smell of pumpkin baking in your oven and the crisp autumn air outside.  Plus, you can add regular vanilla frosting or change it up to the smooth and creamy taste of cream cheese frosting. 

3. The Chocolate Peppermint Bark 

While Peppermint Bark is typically a Christmas snack, I believe peppermint bark should be the star of any holiday occasion. I mean, what's not to love about cool peppermint and creamy chocolate? When you bite into the crunchy bark, you can feel the holiday season kick in. This delectable treat makes a great dessert to bring out after a family dinner. 

I always pick up a pack of peppermint bark at the store because it is my favorite sweet and crunchy snack. But why not learn to make it yourself using this recipe? 

Traditional Peppermint Bark

• Total Time:1 hr

• 12 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
  • 12 oz white chocolate chopped
  • 1/2 peppermint extract
  • 8 candy canes crushed
Winter, most wonderful time of year, holiday, popcorn, books, hot chocolate, Christmas, candy, chocolate bar, Ghirardelli, peppermint bark
Bre Larranaga

Fill a pot with 3 inches of water and bring to a simmer with medium heat.
    Next, put a heatproof bowl on top and add in semisweet chocolate, stirring until melted.
    After, stir in the extract.
    Pour the chocolate into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread an even layer.
    Let it chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.

chocolate, chips, sweet, chocolate chips, cocoa
    Caroline Ingalls

Over the same pot, place another heatproof bowl and add the white chocolate in, stirring until melted.
    Pour the white chocolate over the already-chilled semi-sweet chocolate and spread an even layer.
    Top it off with the candy cane!
    Let chill for another 20 minutes.

candy, chocolate, sweet, goody, peppermint
    Morgan Willie

I hope you find yourself baking more often during the holidays after reading this, because I know I will! For some more festive treat inspiration, visit this article about Holiday Items at Trader Joe's to try this season!

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/trader-joe-s-holiday-treats-you-have-to-try