This morning I woke up craving pancakes. But after a weekend of unhealthy eating I really wanted to start Monday off with a healthy breakfast. So I thought, how can I make delicious pancakes healthy? Searching through my cabinets I came across a big bag of rolled oats in which I decided to make a batch of banana oat pancakes. I threw the oats into the Magic Bullet and made them into a smoother powder. The oats make it healthy while keeping that same fluffy consistency,  which is the perfect way around kicking that pancake craving. I layered them with peanut butter, topped with more peanut butter, banana slices and maple syrup. Now, the recipe for you to make ’em yourself.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Servings: 2

banana oat pancakes

photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

2 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
Peanut butter for topping
Maple syrup for topping

1. In a small bowl, combine 1 mashed banana, rolled oats, egg whites, milk, vanilla and the cinnamon. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined and you have a nice batter.

2. Spray your pan with non-stick spray and heat it with a medium flame.

3. Pour the batter into the pan. Make the pancakes as big or small as you would like.

banana oat pancakes

photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

4. Watch closely and flip when cooked on either side.

banana oat pancakes

photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

5. When they are done cooking stack the pancakes and spread peanut butter in between each layer. Top with more peanut butter and banana slices as desired. Add maple syrup on top and enjoy!

banana oat pancakes

photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

banana oat pancakes

photo by Alyssa Maccarrone