We've all been there: another exhausting five days of classes, exams, and work. After such a busy week, what better way to relax than load up on carbs? It can be overwhelming to pick a place for dinner, but look no further - I'm here to tell you why Benevento's Restaurant in Boston's North End should be next on your list. Between the casual, relaxed atmosphere and the variety of delicious options, it's one of my favorite places to go on a Friday or Saturday evening. 

Now for the most important part: the food. Here's what my friends and I ordered when we went a few weeks ago.

Appetizer

To start, we got the bruschetta to share and needless to say we all loved it. The bread was toasted to perfection and covered in olive oil, and the fresh tomato and basil on top added some sweetness.

Neeti Desai

Main Courses

Here's what we all got for our mains:

1.) Pasta Benevento

Including grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, peas, caramelized onions, heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, and Pecorino Romano cheese, this is by far one of my favorite pasta dishes. The heavy cream and cheese make an amazing creamy sauce, while the sun dried tomatoes and caramelized onions add some saltiness. This dish was for sure a 10/10.

Neeti Desai

2.) Amatriciana

If penne's more your style, then the Amatriciana is the perfect dish for you. Made with pancetta, onions, and red wine tomato sauce, it's a delicious take on a classic.

Neeti Desai

3.) Pasta Bolognese

If you want to keep it simple, the Bolognese is a great choice, and you have several types of pasta to choose from - rigatoni, fettuccine, and fusilli are just a few of the many options.

Neeti Desai

4.) Ben Cotto

Sometimes you're just not in the mood for pasta. In that case, the Ben Cotto is the perfect personal sized pizza, featuring Pecorino Romano cheese with garlic and a sprinkle of oregano.

Neeti Desai

Dessert

Since Modern Pastry is right around the corner, we decided to go there for dessert. I got ricotta pie for the first time, and it was hands down one of the best desserts I've ever had.

And there you have it - a perfect dining experience in the North End!