Ben and Jerry have been the experts of ice-cream for nearly 39 years (and also the only two men I’ll ever need in my life). They’ve always been there for me to mend my broken heart, to celebrate triumphant occasions, and when my chocolate cravings are all too real. But what if I could become my own Ben and Jerry? Learn to stand on my own two feet, dry my own tears, and make my own (dare I say better?) version of the classic Ben and Jerry’s “Half Baked” ice-cream. Well, I most definitely can, and you can too. 

What You Need:

candy, brownie, milk, cake, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

To recreate this flavour of ice-cream you’re going to need: one tub of ice-cream (I chose Nestle’s Real Dairy Chocolate Fudge Frozen Greek Yogurt), one tube of cookie dough (I chose Pillsbury’s Milk Chocolatey Chip Cookies), one box of brownie mix (I chose Betty Crocker’s Low Fat Fudge mix), as well as one egg to add into the brownie mix.

Preparation: 

candy, sweet, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

Making this gooey concoction is relatively simple. To begin, you’ll need to prepare the brownie mix. After adding water and egg, stir the batter until fully mixed (use only a spoon, not an electric mixer), then pour the mixture into a greased pan to bake.

Your brownies only need to be baked for 15 minutes, or until the top is beginning to harden with a crust and the insides are still gooey. You’re going to want to bake it more, but the desired effect is to have the brownies half-baked.

Once the brownies have cooled, scoop them out of the pan and into a zip-lock bag then place them into the freezer. Leave them in there for about an hour to fully cool down.

Combine Forces:

ice, milk, sweet, cream, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

Once your brownies are cool, grab them and the tube of cookie dough. Separate both ingredients into small chunks and place them into a bowl. 

Next, you’re going to add in the chocolate ice-cream of your choosing. Add in half of the container to the first half of the cookie dough and brownies before adding in the other half of the cookie dough, brownies, with the ice-cream on top. Using a spoon, start to fold all the ingredients into each other.

Enjoy: 

goody, chocolate ice cream, ice, caramel, dairy product, milk, sweet, cream, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

Once everything is evenly mixed and spread throughout the ice-cream, all the hard work is done. All that you have left to do is scoop yourself out a serving and enjoy the delicious treat you made all on your own. To store you can scoop everything into a container with a lid or back into the tub of ice-cream that you used up. This needs to be stored in the freezer, so don’t eat it all in one sitting.

You did it! You just found the Ben and the Jerry that is hiding within you. The best thing about this recipe (other than it being so simple) is that you can add in as much (or as little) cookie dough or brownies as you wish. Let’s be real, though, the best part of this ice-cream is all the extra desserts hidden in your creamy treat—the more mix-ins the better!

Now that you’ve conquered this delicious treat (and hopefully seriously rivaled Ben and Jerry) what’s next? Chocolate chip cookie dough? Or maybe your Ben and Jerry's spirit flavor.