We all know the saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day. While I do love my share of cinnamon rolls and sugar-filled cereals, these breakfast foods often leave me feeling a sugar crash and sluggish throughout the day. As a busy college student, it is important to have a healthy, filling, and satisfying meal to kick-start the day off on the right foot. This is why I turn to these easy, filling, and healthy 2-ingredient banana pancakes that keep me feeling full and fueled for hours.

There are numerous health benefits to eating a healthy breakfast. Better Health Channel includes a few, such as:

- boosting brain power

- getting essential nutrients

-helping your heart

- reducing metabolic syndrome 

-enhancing immune system

-improving skin

-stabilizing energy levels 

It can be hard to eat healthy while on a college budget and with limited time to put meals together throughout a chaotic day of classes, extracurriculars, social events, etc. This 2-ingredient banana pancakes recipe is easy, healthy, and quick. It just takes 10 minutes, 1 egg, and 1 banana. That’s it! They taste like a banana-bread-flavored pancake. These pancakes are delicious, gluten-free, and unbelievably simple, allowing you to add a personal flair with add-ins and toppings. My favorite variation is adding cinnamon and chia seeds into the batter and topping the pancakes with peanut butter, berries, and granola. In the fall, I like to add pumpkin pie spice to fit the season.

This simple recipe is the breakfast food you didn't know you needed.

2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

• 1 egg
  • 1 banana -the riper the better
Lauren Kobashigawa

In a mixing bowl, combine the ripe banana and egg.

Lauren Kobashigawa

Mash until the batter becomes a custard-like texture with a few chunks.

Lauren Kobashigawa

Heat up a sprayed pan or griddle and use the batter to make small pancakes. The smaller the size, the easier it is to flip.

Lauren Kobashigawa

Flip the cakes to cook until both sides are golden brown.

Lauren Kobashigawa

Add your toppings and enjoy! In this photo, I added berries, peanut butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup as the toppings.

Lauren Kobashigawa
Optional add-ins:

- Chocolate chips

- Blueberries

- Cinnamon

- Nutmeg

- Protein powder

- Chia seeds

Optional toppings:

- Nut butter

- Berries

- Maple syrup

- Cinnamon 

- Granola

- Butter

- Yogurt

I love to pair these banana pancakes with my matcha latte for a satisfying breakfast that fuels me for the long day ahead. Bananas and eggs are the perfect combinations of carbs, protein, and fat.

Trust me, these pancakes are flipping fantastic!