These ultra decadent chocolate cookies, which are basically brookies, are studded with nuts and chunks of dark chocolate. They bake up very nicely and taste like cookies you would find at a bakery: soft, fudgy, chocolatey and so damn delicious. You can serve these warm with a glass of milk while the chocolate chunks are still gooey, but they still taste amazing at room temperature. I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one.
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 2 hours refrigeration time)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 18-20 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, stirring till combined.
2. Melt 3/4 of the chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth, and set aside to cool.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
5. Gently stir in the melted chocolate. The mixture should resemble chocolate mousse.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients.
7. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips, and refrigerate the batter for 1-2 hours or until firm.
8. Scoop 2 tablespoon mounds of dough and place 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes in a 350°F oven or until cooked through.
9. Serve warm with some milk!