If you’re like the majority of college students, you’re probably too tired from last night’s “studying” to wake up in time to make breakfast before the mad dash to class. Fortunately, there are some quick and easy recipes that will help you get a great start before making that long haul to campus. With several customizable ingredients, a fairly quick cook time and storage of up to a week, this recipe is the perfect dish to make on a lazy Sunday because it means an easier morning for your up and coming week.

Medium

Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour

2 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1/3 cup maple or agave syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 peaches, cut into 1/2-inch slices (if using canned peaches, remember to rinse them thoroughly)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Butter the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish and line with peaches.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes.

3. In a large sized bowl, mix together the oats, half the almonds, the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes.

4. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, milk, egg, half of the melted butter and the vanilla.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes.

5. Sprinkle half of the berries and the oat mix over the top of the peaches, drizzling the milk and syrup mixture over the oats.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes.

6. Gently bang the baking dish a couple times on the counter to make sure the milk settles to the bottom of the dish.
7. Spread the remaining berries and remaining almonds across the top of the oat and milk mixture.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes.

8. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden and the oats have set.
9. Remove from the oven and drizzle the rest of the melted butter over the top and serve.

oatmeal

Photo by Maddie Wilmes

Tips: 
*Sprinkle with a bit of raw sugar or drizzle with maple syrup if you want it a touch sweeter.
**If you don’t have the fruit listed above at hand, substitute your favorites for an oat-rageous twist on breakfast.

Hungry for more? Check out these great links:

Your Guide To An Oat-Rageous Breakfast
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal With Sautéed Apples And Pecans
Give Your Mornings A Break With “Overnight Oats”
Chia And Flaxseed Microwave Oatmeal