The day I tried spaghetti squash for the first time is one for the books. This vegetable is versatile, easy, and healthy—a triple threat. If you asked me to eat an entire squash in one sitting, you'd better believe I'd be able to do it, and happily, I might add. 

This decadent spaghetti squash recipe will having you wanting to try a new squash recipe every night. You won't be able to believe you're eating a vegetable. The bacon and Parm make for a heavenly combination. Make it a side for a group of people or split it as an entree with someone (or you could eat it all yourself-no judgment). Whatever you decide, just know that you'll be craving this again soon.

Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash

• 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 1 pound bacon
  • 1 cup butter cut into pieces
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
vegetable, rice, pepper, meat, pasta
Photo by Emma Lally

First, take your spaghetti squash and cut into 1-inch thick rings.

Gif by Emma Lally

Remove all of the seeds and pulp from each ring. Place them on a baking sheet and cook them for 40 minutes at 375°F.

Gif by Emma Lally

While the squash is cooking, cut your bacon into small pieces and then cook it over medium heat until it is crispy.

Gif by Emma Lally

When the spaghetti squash is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and scrape out the squash from each ring.

Gif by Emma Lally

Stir in your butter until it's completely melted, and then add in the Parmesan and bacon. Dig in.

Gif by Emma Lally