Of all the health trends out in the world right now, the sweet potato is definitely a top hit. The past two years have been a whirlwind of health crazes that included the obsession with avocados (there's a whole restaurant centered around them in NYC) and of course, the sweet potato. Keep reading for a couple tips and easy tricks on how to cook an epically tasty sweet potato.

Cut Them and Roast Them

Let's start with the basics. Sweet potato fries are easy, delicious, and are as tasty baked as they are fried.  

#spoontip: Get the pre-cut frozen one's at Trader Joe's, pop them in the oven for 40 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and watch some Friends while you wait. Make sure to take them out at 20 minutes and flip them over. Then, take the crispy delicious fries out of the oven and enjoy them by yourself or with an awesome roommate who loves sweet potatoes just as much.  

sweetpotato, fries, pubfood, potato, yam, thickcutfries, barfood
Shanti Basu

Chop Them and Roast Them

You can season them with a bit of cumin and red pepper or Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning because, honestly, that seasoning works with pretty much anything and spices up even the most bland foods. Again, roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes, taking them out at 20 minutes and flipping them over.

Slice Them and Toast Them

Sweet potato toast is unconventional, and probably sounds slightly weird, but overall tastes delicious. Slice your sweet potato into 1-inch slices, put them in the toaster on high until they get crispy, and then put on your toppings. Peanut butter (or any nut butter) is a great addition, as well as avocado, or even eggs. Any topping here makes for the breakfast of champions.

Leave Them and Bake Them

Honestly, a baked sweet potato is super simple and perfect as a snack or a late-night dinner if you are in the library until late and didn't have time for dinner or got off work too late to cook. Poke holes with a fork all over the sweet potato, put it in the microwave on high on the potato setting, take it out, cut it in half and there you go. A little salt and pepper goes a long way, but personally, a bit of peanut butter makes the potato all the more satisfying.

Whether you like your sweet potato baked, fried, toasted, or somewhere in between, the sweet potato is versatile and delicious is whatever way you choose to eat it.