Who says being the ultimate Gator fan only involves going to football games? Treat your taste buds to the Gator Nation experience with this food challenge. A flurry of unusual diets (i.e. Black Foods Diet) has been popping up on the Internet recently. Here is my twist on these viral video sensations that will guarantee colorful, President Fuchs-approved meals. Eating just orange and blue for a day is much harder than it seems, especially when food dye is a cop out. Try these recipes below, and your belly will be chanting “It’s Great...To Be...A Florida Gator” in no time.

Breakfast

Orange Bubble Smoothie
tea, cream, sweet, dairy product, coffee, milk
Vanessa Wong

What you’ll need: frozen orange slices, ¼ cup milk, ¾ cup vanilla yogurt and frozen blueberries.

How to make it: pull out your favorite blender and add the vanilla yogurt to the bottom. Toss in a few frozen orange slices (enough to make the blender 2/3 full). Top off the mixture with milk, leaving an inch or two at the top so the blade has room to spin. Blend the smoothie until the slices are pulverized.

Don’t like bubble tea? Me neither. Pretend you’re a trendy sipper and add frozen blueberries to the bottom instead for a Taiwanese vibe (without the tapioca).

Lunch

Orange Pepper Salsa with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips

candy, sweet, chocolate
Vanessa Wong

What you’ll need: blue tortilla chips, red tomato, orange bell peppers, red onion, salt, lime juice, pepper, cilantro.

How to make it: chop the tomato, bell pepper, and red onion into small slices. Mix together and drizzle with lemon juice, salt and orange zest. Top with chopped cilantro. Dig in with blue tortilla chips and a glass of Mandarin soda (I recommend the Jarrito brand).

Dinner

Caribbean Chicken

tomato, pork, meat, vegetable, rice, sauce
Vanessa Wong

What you’ll need: 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 ½ cup chunky salsa, ¼ cup orange marmalade, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, ¼ teaspoon allspice.

tomato, chili, meat, sauce, vegetable
Vanessa Wong

How to make it: cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and sauté in olive oil until no longer pink. Combine the rest of the ingredients together and add to the chicken (still in the pan). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes with the cover on and serve over rice with lime wedges. Sprinkle more brown sugar on the top for a sweeter flavor.

Dessert or Snack

Blueberry Honey Balls

sweet, tea
Vanessa Wong

What you’ll need: ½ cup almonds, ½ cup dates, ½ cup dried blueberries, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon honey, salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice.

How to make it: blend the ingredients and roll the paste into one inch balls. 

#SpoonTip: For a gooier taste, microwave the power balls for 10 to 15 seconds and drizzle with extra honey and sea salt.

Eureka! You officially have the most school spirited tummy. If UF sports aren’t your jam or student government is too petty, bond with your university through blueberries, peppers and corn chips. The best part is that these meals are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. Who knew eating (and just not cheering for) orange and blue was so healthy?