Breakfast with eggs, bacon and toast starts to get boring after a while. Who would want to have the same breakfast every day? Not me. Inspired by this blueberry maple breakfast bake recipe, this dish is a super delicious way to make something different to start your day. I'd wake up early or make it the night before because it does take an hour to bake, but I promise it's totally worth it. Be warned, you will end up using a whole loaf of bread so if you can't eat it all yourself, sharing is caring.

Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 15 mins

• 1 loaf white bread
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup plus more for serving
blueberry
Photo by Casey Hack

Cut all crusts off of loaf of bread and cut each slice into four 1-inch by 1-inch squares.

GIF by Casey Hack

Place half of the bread squares into an 8 or 9-inch pan.

GIF by Casey Hack

Cover bread squares with all of the cream cheese and half of the blueberries. Top with remaining bread squares and blueberries.

GIF by Casey Hack

Combine the eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter in a large bowl. Then pour it over the bread mixture.

GIF by Casey Hack

Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour. Stick a knife in the center, and if it comes out clean, it's all done. If the edges start to burn, cover with tin foil.

GIF by Casey Hack

Let it cool for 10 minutes before digging in. But then don't forget to add extra maple syrup.

GIF by Casey Hack