Crab & Shrimp Rangoons: my old time love.

Growing up, every time I went to a Chinese buffet or restaurant, I always found myself filling up my plate with crab rangoons or ordering a whole basket of them. My mom always used to yell at me for eating crab rangoon, and crab rangoon only. I have loved crab rangoons for the longest time and I thought it was time to share my personal favorite version of them.

Who doesn’t love food that is fun to say? These crab & shrimp rangoons are fun to say, fun to make and even more fun to eat!

Normally rangoons are made with either cream cheese, by itself or crab along with the cream cheese. I personally found that adding chunks of shrimp gave the rangoons more texture and flavor. This recipe can be easily altered to what ever your heart desires. All of the ingredients can be multiplied to make bigger batches and the seasoning is based on personal preference. These rangoons can be folded into many fun shapes which makes the cooking process even more enjoyable.

I found my love for crab rangoons at a young age, but it’s never to late to discover a new love. Just a warning, these are super addicting; I can never stop eating them after I make them (editing this makes me salivate and want to make some again now). So, grab an apron and a pair of chopsticks (a fork is fine too) and get to cooking.

Crab & Shrimp Rangoons

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:15-20

• 10 peeled & deveined shrimp
  • 5 crab sticks
  • 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 pack wonton skins (defrosted)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 green onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • oil
  • milk (optional)
Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add oil to a pan that has been heated up.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Chop 2 cloves of garlic roughly and add to the pan.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add the deveined and peeled shrimp to the pan.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Cook the shrimp thoroughly until the tail curls towards the head. Flip when one side is fully cooked.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Chop the crab sticks roughly.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Incorporate the chopped crab to the shrimp pan when the shrimp is cooked.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add ~4 oz. of softened cream cheese to bowl while the seafood is cooking.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Chop the green onion and add it to the bowl.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add a pinch of salt to the bowl.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add a pinch of pepper to the bowl also.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Mix everything in the bowl together. Add a splash of milk if the cream cheese is not soft enough to mix.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Take the shrimp out of the pan and chop it up.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Put the chopped shrimp into the mixture.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add the crab to the bowl also.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Mix everything together until all incorporated. The filling can be tasted to make sure it meets your personal preference.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Hold the wonton skin in your palm and place a spoonful of the filling in the center to make the shape.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Swipe water onto all 4 corners.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Pinch all 4 corners towards the center. This creates a flower.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Fold the wonton skin diagonally in half with the filling in the center and then fold the 2 corners into the center. This will create a different shape.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Add enough oil into a pot in order to deep fry.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Check to see if the oil is hot, to do this look to see if there are tiny bubbles in the oil) then the rangoons can be added in.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Look to see if the rangoons have floated to the top. This will mean they are ready. Look for a nice golden brown crisp.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Lay some paper towels down on a plate to soak up excess oil and you are ready to enjoy! Be careful they are super hot!

Photo by Ondrej Nemec