If you're lucky enough to be interning in the city this summer, you'll understand it can be overwhelming (in a good way) with regards to how many places there are to eat at during your lunch break. Among the bazillions of spots in the city, I've come up with a list of 8 delicious and healthy places, with multiple locations, that won't let you down. I've chosen nutritious places, because healthy food is good for your mind and will keep you focused and productive on the job. 

Dig Inn

Dig Inn is a great lunch spot that serves healthy and filling bowls from local and regional farms. They prioritize quality food and humane farming and raising practices. You can choose quinoa, brown rice, or greens as your base, and then pick different veggies and a protein ranging from chicken and salmon to tofu on top. Not to mention, you can add on an avocado-half which is always a plus.

Sweetgreen

I am obsessed with Sweetgreen. Of all these places, I go here the most. This is an amazing salad bar spot that has just about any type of salad you could ever want. Pick between pre-made salads such as their Kale Caesar and make-your-own.  The wide variety of ingredients and dressings they have are quality, nutritious, and delicious. My usual order is a custom salad with kale & romaine, cherry tomatoes, onions, carrots, cucumbers, almonds, chicken, and pesto dressing. 

Le Pain Quotidien

LPQ (as I like to call it) is a fresh, sophisticated and quick lunch spot serving gourmet Frensh-inspired food ranging from Avocado Toast, to Organic Coconut Chia Pudding, Roasted Turkey and Avocado Tartine (open faced sandwich), to a Kale and Arugula Caesar Salad. 

Pret A Manger

With its origins "across the pond," Pret is a soup, salad, and sandwich spot that aims to serve the highest quality natural food, free obscure chemicals, additives and preservatives that are often found at popular fast food chains. Menu items range from their Chicken Mozzarella Baguette, Greek Falafel Wrap, to their Carrot Turmeric Soup and Kale Chicken Caesar Salad.

Whole Foods

You're going to make fun of me for this, but Whole Foods is therapeutic for me. There is such a soothing effect being in this magical store surrounded by bountiful mounds of delicious food (I know, I'm obsessed). The freshly ground almond butter kills me every time. Whole Foods has unreal prepared food, ranging from their help-yourself hot and cold bars to their to-go fresh sushi station. There is truly a great lunch option for everyone here.

by CHLOE.

I'm not vegan, and I'm guessing the majority of you aren't either, but let me tell you, this place might make you reconsider. by CHLOE. is a 100% vegan restaurant that serves up everything from delicious salads and avocado toast, to "burgers" and fries. If you're having a particularly rough day at work, their scrumptious chocolate chip cookie is a great way to treat yo self.

The Little Beet 

The Little Beet is a similar concept to that of Sweetgreen and Dig Inn, being a fast food spot that serves delicious, healthy, fresh, and wholesome bowls. Pick a base, weather it be greens, gluten free grains, or brown rice, and add on whatever fresh or roasted veggies, protein, and sauces you'd like. Some menu highlights include an avocado white bean spread and turmeric almonds as a garnish.

Cava

Cava is similar The Little Beet or Dig Inn, but with a Mediterranean twist. Make your own bowl and top it with hummus, tzatziki, falafel, tabouleh, and more Med-inspired ingredients, in addition to your traditional bowl items like grilled chicken and greens.

You truly can't go wrong with any of these trendy and healthy lunch spots. If you're job is boring this summer, taking your lunch break at one of these places will most definitely brighten it.