After finding out the world's supply of chocolate was in trouble, and almost dropping my chocolate ice cream cone in the process, I realized I had to bring awareness to this important issue. A fungus has been spreading among the cacao trees in Costa Rica, one of the worlds main suppliers of chocolate.

Since chocolate is involved in my everyday life, from the dining hall ice cream, to the chocolate squares I keep in my dorm fridge, it's easy for me to take this amazing treat for granted. Don't make my same mistake and try these recipes to get your chocolate fix before it's too late. 

1. Sparkling Wine Truffles 

Maddie Lanier

If you feel like you need a drink after discovering that chocolate is at risk, this is the perfect thing to make. The sparkling wine infuses these truffles with a unique subtle flavor, giving the classic dark truffle some serious competition.

You might be thinking "But isn't sparkling wine expensive?" Go ahead and buy the cheap stuff, no one will question the quality of wine since they'll be too busy inhaling these beauties. Then again, you might be able to tell the difference if you're drinking a glass while making them.

2. Nutella Hot Chocolate

chocolate, cream, milk, sweet, ice, hot chocolate, coffee
Clare Beatty

This easy recipe is not only great for a photo op, but it's easy on your wallet as well. You no longer need to feel guilty about trying to get that last drop of Nutella any way you can. Just make hot chocolate with the almost-empty jar instead. You don't have even have to wash a mug when you're done, it's a delicious win-win-win situation. The ultimate dorm hack. 

3. Beatty's Chocolate Cake

This recipe may be a little bit more complicated, but it's definitely worth the extra effort if you have an available kitchen. I've made this cake for my Mother's birthday the past three years, and it has become a favorite new tradition.

This is honestly the best chocolate cake I've ever had, and it could be due to the addition of coffee in the batter, or because this recipe is from the queen of Food Network, Ina Garten. Either way, give this recipe a try if you love a strong chocolate flavor. 

4. The Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

cookie, chocolate, goody, sweet, cake, pastry, chocolate cookie, candy
Scott Harrington

It's impossible to discuss all things chocolate without featuring this classic treat. I have to admit I'm a strong chewy-cookie advocate when it comes to the chewy vs. crunchy debate, and this is my go-to recipe to get that desired texture.

Alton Brown uses bread flour instead of all purpose flour to get a chewy cookie, so keep this in mind the next time your disappointed with your usual recipe. You can see how Brown's cookie stood up to the competition here. 

5. Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookie

chocolate, sweet
Santina Renzi

Heads up to all the vegans out there, you don't have to only eat Oreos to fulfill your last minute chocolate cravings. This recipe is simple and delicious for anyone out there who loves a bold chocolate flavor which you get from the natural cocoa powder.

Bonus: This cookie also contains chia seeds, so you can feel good about getting your essential omega-3 fatty acids while simultaneously consuming chocolate.

6. Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars

If you love a little salt with your sweet, give these bars a try. They're crunchy and gooey at the same time, and they will possibly fulfill all your chocolate-caramel dreams. They're super easy to make, and you can bake the bottom layer days ahead just in case you want to take your time. However, the world's supply of chocolate is in danger, so I wouldn't recommend this. 

7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

'Tis the pumpkin spice season, so satisfy your pumpkin and chocolate cravings with this simple recipe. This bread is good for a sweet breakfast with coffee, or as a dessert served warm with vanilla ice cream. If you're feeling adventurous, take this bread to the next level by adding a smear of pumpkin spice cream cheese. I'm clearly embracing the pumpkin spice trend, but this twist on a classic flavor is a must-try.