It’s 1 am on Friday night and your club has set up camp in front of the Phi Delt Gates in hopes of profiting off the generosity and insane appetite of drunk college kids.

You’re keeping it classy with $2 grilled cheese. But you’re not the only one catering to students’ need for a late night snack. Will’s and Bruno’s are typically out selling their irresistible pizza by the slice. Bottom line, you gotta stand out.

Let’s give the people what they really want. Here are 7 ingredients to amp up your grilled cheese game and keep the cash flowing for your student org. 

1. Bacon

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Bacon makes everything better. Plus, no carnivorous human can resist bacon and cheese together in the same meal, especially while intoxicated. This bacon grilled cheese will be smelled from a mile away, and trust me they’ll come running. Check out more bacon and cheese concoctions here

2. Jalapeno Pepper

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Add some heat to your grilled cheese with sliced jalapeno. This one is for the adventurous drunks who are up for any challenge. Watching them gobble it up and beg for water will be payment enough. But just in case, make sure you get their money before you hand over the sandwich.

3. BBQ

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Drizzle it on top or serve it as a side, but this BBQ grilled cheese will turn heads. It may seem a little odd, but this combination is pretty darn satisfying. The BBQ grilled cheese is for the impatient drunk who just can’t wait in line at Skipper’s.

4. Fried egg

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Practice your spatula skills by flipping some eggs on top of those gooey grilled cheeses. The warm egg and melty cheese will delight the senses and gives your sandwiches a homey feel. After all, it is the middle of the night and breakfast is perfectly acceptable. Check out more breakfast sandwiches here

5. Pesto

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Turn your humble grilled cheese into a high class Italian meal with some fresh basil, or simply spread some pesto sauce right on top of that cheesy goodness. The aroma of the warm basil is guaranteed to soothe the frantic drunk. Take your pesto grilled cheese to the next level with this insanely good red pepper and pesto recipe

6. Potato chips

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Who doesn’t crave a salty snack before bed? Plus, everything tastes better with a little extra crunch. There is no denying the genius behind this potato chip grilled cheese in all of its salty, crunchy, gooey glory. This combo should do the trick for just about anyone. 

7. Avocado

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Because all basic drunk girls crave that iron content, this cheesy avocado “toast” is guaranteed to be a hit. It’s a healthy alternative to whatever else you were planning on eating tonight, but still gives you the fatty late night snack you deserve after a long week of classes. 

grilled cheese

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Best of luck out there with all your grilled cheese selling endeavors. You guys are the real winners. And if you’re the one stumbling past the Phi Delt Gates every weekend, can we guess what drink got you wasted?