As the cold winter months and the stress of finals compromise our immune systems, a chorus of sniffles and coughs can be heard almost anywhere on campus. To keep from getting sick, you could walk around clad in an ultra-sealed germ-proof suit (fashion police!) or meticulously sanitize every surface you touch (if you own stock in Purell). But why not conquer those germs with some good ol’ antioxidants and vitamin C in an easily prepared and delicious smoothie bowl?
Mastering the art of creating the perfect smoothie bowl isn’t particularly difficult. But the simple transformation of pouring your smoothie into a bowl, decorating it with toppings and devouring it by the spoonful makes it so much more satisfying than sipping it out of a tall glass.
Prep time: Less than 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: Less than 5 minutes
1 ½ cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
½ cup water
2-3 tablespoons flax seeds
Fresh berries (for toppings)
1. Microwave the strawberries for 2 minutes (if frozen).
2. Combine strawberries, water and clementine (peeled) into the blender. Add more water if the mixture seems too thick.
3. Blend until even consistency.
4. Scoop flax seeds into your bowl.
5. Pour smoothie over the flax seeds.
6. Decorate your smoothie bowl with flax seeds and berries (I use strawberries, blueberries, dried gojiberries and raspberries).