Spoon University Logo
Recipes

6 Must-Try Halloween Peeps Recipes To Make This Month 

As Halloween approaches, it’s clear that candy and sweet treats are a must. Move aside candy corn, Halloween Peeps are back on store shelves. Whether you opt for monsters, pumpkins, skulls, or ghouls, these spooky sweets can be used to create endless Halloween treats — and not just s’mores! We put together a roundup of some Halloween Peeps recipes to try out for your upcoming Halloween party. 

Halloween Peeps S’mores

@thedailyammie

The Halloween peeps are so cute! 🎃👻🧌(closest emoji to Frankenstein i could find lol) * Tabletop Smores machine is linked in my amaz0n storefront under “Movie Night” @peepsbrand #smores #halloween #halloweentok #asmr #movienight #cozyathome #cozyvibes #asmrsounds #pumpkinseason

♬ original sound – ammie

Starting off simple, this idea uses Halloween Peeps in the place of marshmallows for a spooky s’more. All you need is the classic s’more ingredients: chocolate, graham crackers, and in this case, Peeps. Content creator @thedailyammie used a s’more maker machine, but pop a Peep in the microwave (or make the s’more in the air fryer) and you will have the same result. 

Halloween Peeps S’mores Pies 

@lifeandsprinkles

Mini Halloween Peeps Pies aka Spooky S’mores Pie from last year 👻 #smores #minidesserts #pies #peeps #chocolate #minifood #marshmallows

♬ original sound – Life and Sprinkles

This mini treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. All you need is mini pie crusts, chocolate, and Peeps to make this tiny treat. Content creator @lifeandsprinkles used the pumpkin and monster Peeps, creating a spooky variation of the classic s’more. 

Halloween Peeps Treats

Content creator @kristinsfriends put a twist on the typical rice krispie treat by using Halloween Peeps instead of normal marshmallows. To make this recipe, alternate layers of Peeps and rice crisps in a pan. Add in some butter squares, melt the Peeps, and mix the rice krispies and Peeps, and you have a colorful and spooky treat. Cut the mixture into squares and add another Peep on top for an extra layer of Halloween spirit. 

Halloween Peeps S’mores Dip

@bestfriendsforfrosting

Did you know you can make s’mores dip with any holiday Peeps? This Halloween version with ghost Peeps is delicious! 😋 It’s the perfect idea for a fun Halloween party! PEEPS GHOST SMORES 🎃 25 ghost peeps 🎃 2 12oz bags chocolate chips. 🎃 Graham crackers for dipping. Instructions 1. Add chocolate chips to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. 2. Add ghost peeps to the top of the chocolate chips. 3. Bake at 450F for 5-7 minutes. 4. Serve with graham crackers for dipping. #halloween

♬ original sound – Melissa BestFriendsforFrosting

This simple s’mores dip is sure to be a hit anywhere you take it. Made with only chocolate chips and Peeps, put a layer of each in a pan and throw it in the oven. Content creator @bestfriendsforfrosting chose to dip graham crackers into her creation to keep with s’mores tradition, but feel free to get creative with other treats like pretzels or crackers as dippers. 

Chocolate Covered Halloween Peeps Pops

@sweetly.jamie

chocolate covered peeps pops! Such a simple easy dessert to throw together for Halloween this season!👻 #desserttiktok #bakingtiktok #desserttok #easybaking #fyp #fypシ #dessertidea #easydessert #halloween #halloween2022

♬ Halloween – KenZie DarkStar

Forget Starbucks cake pops. Make your own Halloween Peeps version right at home. Content creator @sweetly.jamie used ghost Peeps on a stick for this recipe. Simply dip your ghost Peep in chocolate and sprinkles. She opted for a purple sprinkle mix, but it’d be more festive or spooktacular to use Halloween sprinkles to make this sweet treat even spookier. 

Halloween Peeps Jar Decor

@cherishlarsen

Spooky Cute – Peeps in a Jar 👻🎃 The only thing I have to worry about when creating these fun arrangements, is keeping the kids away from them! The large jar is a gallon size, and I used about 6 little ghost packs. The smaller jar is a 1/2 gallon, and you’ll want 5 pumpkin packs. Everything you see here is linked in my LTK shop! (In profile) 👻🎃 @LTK #halloween #halloweentok #spookyseason #diy

♬ original sound – Cherish Larsen

Not sure what recipe you want to make yet with your Peeps? No problem. Store them in a jar while you decide between the many possibilities these sweet treats offer. Content creator Cherish Larsen used the ghost and pumpkin Peeps to outline the edge of a large jar, and placed a smaller jar wrapped in twinkle lights inside. The result was a spooky and fun way to store your Peeps when you aren’t yet sure what creative recipe you want to pursue.

Amanda Sinofsky is a contributing writer for the Spoon University National Writers Program. She is a second-year undergraduate student at the University of Maryland's Philip Merrill College of Journalism pursuing a double major in Journalism and English with a Media Studies focus. She is from a New Jersey suburb 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. At UMD, she is a copy editor for The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper, and is the music & arts editor for The Campus Trainer, an online lifestyle magazine at the university. In her free time, Amanda is a part of a student-run dance company and enjoys reading, listening to music (anything Taylor Swift), and spending time with her friends.