Before you know it many of us we will be on our way home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. However, there are some of you who might be staying on campus during this break. For those of you staying on campus, have no fear — staying on campus doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate Thanksgiving in style.

These treats are easy enough to make in a dorm room, but also cute enough to share with family and friends at home.

Turkey Rice Krispie Treats

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:25 minutes

• 3 Rice Krispie Treats
  • 5 Hershey Kisses, with the tips cut off
  • 25 pieces candy corn
  • 5 pairs candy eyes
  • 3 orange M&Ms, cut in half
  • 1 container melting chocolate
Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger

Use a rolling pin to flatten the Rice Krispie Treats to approximately 1/4-inch.

Using a cookie cutter or cup, cut circles into the Rice Krispie Treats. Take the extra pieces and roll out to maximize the number of turkeys.

Follow the instructions on the melting chocolate container to get the chocolate to a dipping consistency. Put the melted chocolate into a piping bag.

Use the melted chocolate to attach the turkeys features — 5 candy corn as feathers, flattened Hershey Kisses as the head, half M&Ms as the beak, and candy eyes as the eyes.

Allow the turkeys to sit for 5 minutes in the refrigerator to solidify.

Oreo Pretzel Turkeys

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 15 chocolate covered pretzels
  • 5 Oreos
  • 5 pieces candy corn
  • 5 pairs candy eyes
  • 1 container melting chocolate
Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger

Follow the instructions on the melting chocolate container to get  the chocolate to a dipping consistency.

Dip the Oreos in chocolate.

Place the candy eyes and candy corn on the Oreo, using the melted chocolate as your “glue.”

Allow the Oreos to sit in the refrigerator for 5 minutes so the chocolate can solidify.

Put the remaining chocolate in a piping bag. Pipe the chocolate onto the chocolate covered pretzels to attach them to the Oreos.

Allow the Oreos to sit for 5 minutes in the refrigerator, again, to solidify.

Reese's Turkeys

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 5 full size Reese's cups
  • 5 mini Reese's cups
  • 25 pieces candy corn, with the tips cut off
  • 5 pairs candy eyes
  • 3 orange M&Ms, cut in half
  • 1 container melting chocolate
Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger

Using the chocolate as glue, connect the small side of the mini Reese’s to the large side of the regular Reese’s.

Then connect the half M&M as the beak and eyes to the small Reese’s and 5 pieces of candy corn for feathers to the larger Reese’s.

Turkey Oreo Balls

• Prep Time:25 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:50 minutes

• 36 Double Stuf Oreos
  • 8 oz package brick cream cheese, softened
  • 45 pieces candy corn
  • 15 pairs candy eyes
  • 8 orange M&Ms, cut in half
  • 1 container melting chocolate
Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger

Crush up the Oreos into finely crushed pieces. Place in mixing bowl.

Combine the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs until blended.

Roll dough into small balls. Let it sit in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Follow the instructions on the melting chocolate container to get the chocolate to a dipping consistency.

Dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate. Attach the half-M&M as the nose, three pieces of candy corn as feathers, and two candy eyes.

Allow the turkified Oreo balls to sit in the freezer for 15 minutes to solidify.

Oreo Turkeys

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:25 minutes

• 10 Mega Stuf Oreos
  • 5 Whoppers
  • 25 pieces candy corn
  • 5 pairs candy eyes
  • 3 orange M&Ms, cut in half
  • 5 mini Reese's cups
  • 1 container melting chocolate
Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger

Place 5 pieces of candy corn into the cream of one of the Oreos.

Cut a sliver off of the Reese’s cups to make them approximately 2/3 of their size.

Attach the Oreo with the feathers to the Oreo without the candy corn, edge to edge, using the melted chocolate.

Next attach the reese’s cup as the turkey’s body. Then add the Whopper as the turkey’s head.

Continue to use the chocolate to add the turkey’s eyes and beak (the half M&M).

Allow the Oreo turkeys to sit in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to solidify.

Photo by Tess Citron and Matthew Wenger