If you are looking for an easy Easter or Passover recipe for this weekend, look no further than this easy spring dessert! This easy five ingredient lemon mousse tart is tangy and delicious and whips up in under ten minutes. No baking required!

Sarah Anwar

Mousse filling:

-Lemon curd (I got mine from Trader Joe's, but it's available in most grocery stores. Or, if you're more ambitious, you can make your own! Try this recipe)

-Cream cheese

-Whipped cream

Crust:

Sarah Anwar

-Ginger cookies (or whatever cookie flavor you prefer, like shortbread or lemon. You could also use graham crackers, which you can buy pre-crushed!). The cookies I used were also from Trader Joe’s: their ginger cookie thins are crisp and easy to crush up, and have an amazing spicy ginger flavor. Pictured above.

-Butter

Directions

For the mousse:

1. Mix lemon curd, cream cheese, and whipped cream in a 1:1:1 ratio. Depending on how much of the mousse you want to make, you can increase or decrease the amount of each ingredient: I used about two tablespoons of each, which made about a 4-inch personal pie.

Tip: If you don’t have a mixer, it helps to microwave the cream cheese for about 20 seconds before mixing in the lemon curd and whipped cream for a smoother consistency.

For the Crust:

1. Crush up about 10 cookies. I find that the easiest and least messy way to do this is to put the cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer.

2. Mix the crushed cookies with approximately 2 Tablespoons of melted butter until there are no dry patches left. Press the mixture into the bottom of your container (I used a small ramekin, but any type of small bowl will work).

Assembly:

1. Pour the curd mixture over the crust, then freeze until solid.

2. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!