Although plants have always been incredibly good and nourishing for us, they've only recently come out into the spotlight and revered by a lot of people, as the trend towards eating more plant-based and consuming less animal products has risen. There's many reasons why the movement towards eating more plants has caught the eye of the public, including sustainability reasons, ethical reasons, and even health reasons.

Whether or not you eat animal products, eating at least one plant-based meal per day, per week, or as often as you'd like could make both a huge difference in the world we live in. Thankfully, it's not as hard as you think! Here are five easy plant-based dinners I've found online and truly enjoyed over the years...they won't even have you missing meat.

1. Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Soup

I'm pretty sure there's nothing better than cozying up under a warm blanket and watching your favorite Hallmark movie. Of course, we have to throw comfort food into the mix, and in my opinion, nothing says cozy movie night like a hot bowl of soup, especially during this time of year. This recipe is one of my favorites, not only because it tastes great paired with some of your favorite crackers, but because it's full of good-for-you nutrients from cauliflower and broccoli. A hug in a bowl!

2. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers

This is the perfect dinner for when you're craving burgers and fries. It's easy to go plant-based when it comes to burgers. The trick? Beans! Beans go beautifully inside any veggie burger; this recipe pairs black beans with the ever-so-delicious sweet potato to create a combination you'll never forget. Put the burger in a whole wheat bun and you have a fiber-rich meal that will keep you super satisfied. Okay...maybe this will be dinner twice a week?

3. Spaghetti Squash With Chickpeas and Kale

Get ready for a revamped pasta night that tastes more delicious than your favorite noodles and meatballs. Spaghetti squash is just like it sounds...a squash, that when cooked, looks just like spaghetti (yes, it even spins around the fork the same way!). For a protein and fiber boost, this recipe calls for added chickpeas, and for some hearty greens your body will thank you for, some kale. My favorite part is the sun-dried tomatoes; the perfect pop of flavor! 

Note: This recipe lists optional parmesan cheese as an ingredient. To keep this plant-based, omit the cheese and swap for nutritional yeast.

4. Quinoa "Fried" Rice

I have great memories of sitting around the table at an Asian restaurant with my family, eating chicken fried rice to our heart's content. The taste was so good! Over the years, I've wondered if there's any way I can take this traditional dish and make it into one that's packed with veggies, yet still gives the same soy/gingery taste as the OG. It's possible! This dish uses quinoa instead of rice for a higher-protein content to make up for no chicken/scrambled egg, and brings the flavor with the added ginger, cashews, soy sauce, and sriracha. 

5. Butternut Squash Veggie Pizza

This creative take on pizza will make you wish you'd tried this before. And yes, it saves you time...you can buy a pre-made crust! (Ensure it's plant-based if that's what you're looking for.) The special part here is the sauce and delicious toppings: a sweet butternut squash sauce, topped with a great array of veggies and chickpeas. It's the perfect blend of sweet and savory, and you won't even realize there's no cheese on there. So much texture, colors, and best of all, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals!

While there are only five recipes here, know that plant-based eating goes a very long way! You can find all your favorite meals "plant-basedified" with just a quick Google search. Whether you make them once a week or try it out for a couple of nights, it's all making a difference for our earth and health.