I hereby present you with a block of easy breakfasts that only require five ingredients (all of which you could get from the C-Store if you are on the meal plan and/or don't want to go to the grocery store). They are all quick enough to make in the morning, saving you from that dreaded Sunday meal prep.

Skip those long and slow lines at Colorado Coffee or Susie B’s with these easy breakfasts to make in your room and eat while dodging construction on the way to class. 

Arielle Gordon

6 or 12 bagels (depending on if you eat a half or a whole each time)

1 jar of peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter alternative)

1 jar of jelly

12 pack instant oatmeal variety

1 mixed bag of dried fruit

Week One:

Monday

Minerva Ho

Start the block off strong! Let's make a open-faced Elvis special. Grab a whole or half bagel, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a handful of dried bananas. Defrost or toast the bagel as necessary, cover it with peanut butter, and then sprinkle the banana chips on top. It's a great meal to eat as you walk to class.

Tuesday

Minerva Ho

Don’t let Tuesdays get to you! Today features a hearty classic: oatmeal with dried fruit. It's warm, hearty, filling, and takes less than 2 minutes to make. Take one pack of oatmeal, mix it with 2/3 cup water, and microwave for 1 minute. When it's done, add a handful of dried fruit on top.

Wednesday

Minerva Ho

Combine the best of both worlds to get you through those Wednesday Woes: peanut butter and jelly on a bagel. Simply grab a bagel, cover one half in peanut butter, the other in jelly, and make a sandwich.

Thursday

Minerva Ho

Power through on Friday Jr! Let's make another nutritious oatmeal combo. Take one pack of oatmeal, mix it with 2/3 cup of water, and microwave for 1 minute. When it's done, add a spoonful of peanut butter, or your favorite alternative, on top. 

Friday

Minerva Ho

Only three hours of class before the weekend! Treat yourself to a sweet breakfast with only two ingredients. You only need a bagel and a spoonful of jelly. Spread the jelly all over your bagel, and off you go. 

Weeks Two-Four:

Two: The same foods but eat in reverse order (Friday-Monday) to spice it up. 

Minerva Ho

Three: See Week One. Either follow in the same order, or switch it up as you see fit! 

Four: Pick your favorites (or just use whatever you have left).

May these recipes help you make it through the next block. Remember, use this as a guideline but adapt as you feel necessary.