Breakfast is not always the easiest to grab; its highly likely that your snooze button triumphs over your time carved out for breakfast. Late afternoon cravings are also really hard to avoid, and a donut everyday just doesn't cut it. Smoothies are your best friend if this is the case- they're easy to carry on the go and take less than 10 minutes to slurp. Bananas are highly fibrous, which means these smoothie recipes are packed with nutrients which will also keep you energized till your next meal. So whether you're running late to your 9 am class or are craving something sweet, these are for you!

1. Mint Lime Smoothie

Along with the goodness of bananas, this recipe also calls for coconut water which is loaded with potassium. These are the extensive benefits of coconut water.

1/2 cup coconut water

1/2 cup coconut water1/2 cup of ice1 banana1 orange, peeled3 mint sprigs1/2 lime, peeled1/2 cup spinach or kale

After peeling the banana, lime and orange, mix all the ingredients in a blender. Be sure to let it run for at least a minute on high, and if that is not enough, until the mixture is smooth. Garnish with mint and serve.

2. Raspberry Banana Chia Smoothie

A popular variant of the berry-banana smoothie, this recipe does not take even 5 minutes to prep and can be made in advance and refrigerated. 

1 cup milk 1 banana 1 tbsp. chia seeds Sugar, to taste 1/2 cup raspberries

First blend the milk and chia seeds in a blender. Let the mixture sit for awhile, and blend it with the raspberries and banana in the blender until smooth and serve.

3. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Peanut butter has a lot of good fats which are very beneficial for the proper functioning of your body, and this is one of the smoothie recipes which pack a punch with the taste as well!

1 ripe banana 1 cup milk 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, as you prefer) 2 tablespoons sugar or honey

This recipe is very simple to make, simply mix all the ingredients together in the blender and serve.

4. Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

Oatmeal makes for a great breakfast ingredient as it is filled with nutrients and fibre, and will keep you full until late lunch. This makes for a great smoothie to grab in the morning and it ticks all the health boxes.

1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal/ oats1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds (optional, but these also add a lot of nutrients to your smoothie meal)3/4 cup milk1/4 cup orange juice1/4 cup yogurt (try Greek yogurt for a healthier version)1/2 cup fresh strawberries1/2 cup fresh banana, finely sliced

Blend the oats and chia seeds first in the blender, and run it for at least a minute or until finely ground. Mix the juice and milk in by using a spatula but do not blend it. After this, put in the yogurt and blend. Lastly, add the strawberries and bananas and blend.

5. Banana Chocolate Smoothie

This smoothie combines the nutrient-rich banana with cocoa powder which has health benefits but also tastes so good that you'd want to have this smoothie even as dessert.

1 cup milk (use soy milk if you want to try a healthier version) 1 banana 1 tbsp. cocoa powder (add more if you like the chocolaty taste) Ice (optional)

This recipe is also very simple, you just need to blend all these ingredients together and it is then ready!