You’ve probably heard of Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter, but now, you can make your own with whatever cookie you want! If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, or even if you do, this recipe is a must-try! It only contains four ingredients, and you get to crush cookies and show those crumbs what you’re made of: brute strength and love for cookie butter.

You can make these with Oreos, graham crackers, Girl Scout Cookies, or any other cookie you can think of! I chose Chips Ahoy! because they’re nice and crumbly, which is ideal for the cookie butter so it’s not too mushy. This recipe only takes 5 minutes, and you can eat it by the spoonful. What more could you want in a recipe?

4-Ingredient Homemade Cookie Butter

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes
  • Servings:16 servings (2 tbsp per serving, 32 tbsp total)

• 2 cup cookie crumbs of your favorite cookie (I used Chips Ahoy!)
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoon granulated or brown sugar (I used granulated)
  • 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
Photo by Jennifer Nigro

In a medium sized bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, heavy cream, sugar, and melted butter until consistent. (For a thinner texture, add cream. For a crunchier texture, add more crumbs)

#SpoonTip: A crispier cookie will be easier to smash into crumbs than a softer cookie.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Scoop your cookie butter into an airtight container, like a mason jar or tupperware.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Enjoy!

Gif by Jennifer Nigro