If there is one thing I love about going home, it's all the yummy treats my mom makes as a welcome back gift. A few weeks ago, I arrived home for break and my mom had a whole batch of this Cracker Bark waiting for me in the kitchen. I hadn't had it in years, but as soon as I tried it, I couldn't stop sneaking back into the kitchen to get more the whole weekend! The best part about this recipe is that it is super easy and only uses 4 ingredients. It's the perfect mix of sweet and salty to satisfy all your cravings. 

4 Ingredient Chocolate Cracker Bark

• 30-40 saltine crackers
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 sticks sweet cream butter
  • 12 oz dark chocolate chips
  • Sprinkles optional
Isabelle Hale

Preheat oven to 400.

Isabelle Hale

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and cover evenly with crackers

Isabelle Hale

Combine brown sugar and butter in a pot and cook on high. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes or until the mix looks even and bubbly.

Isabelle Hale

Pour the sugar/butter mixture on top of the crackers and spread evenly. Then place the pans in the oven for 3 minutes.

Isabelle Hale

Remove the baking sheet and pour your chocolate over the crackers. While it is melting, spread the chocolate across the surface.

Isabelle Hale

Lightly sprinkle the sprinkles for a pop of color!

Isabelle Hale

Place in freezer for 30 minutes, remove and break or cut bark into pieces to eat!

Isabelle Hale

One great thing about this recipe is that you have room for creativity. If sprinkles aren't your thing, there are endless other toppings you can choose. Some ideas are chopped nuts, marshmallows, crushed Oreos, or if you're feeling festive, crushed peppermints would make a great holiday bark! If you are not a fan of dark chocolate, you could use milk, semi-sweet, or even white chocolate chips. No matter what toppings or chocolate you decide to use, the crackers combined with the brown sugar and butter will make anyone crazy for this sweet and salty bark.