Spring time: a time for organization, flowers, and preparing your thighs to be on show again. Since the winter, I've been finding myself periodically sticking to a plant-based diet but falling off of the healthy train because I got bored of my food options. Ever heard of fried tofu? Once I found the vegan community on YouTube, I figured out how to look in my fridge and create a healthy vegan meal!

My favorite vegan food inspiration is YouTuber and blogger Ellen Fisher, she makes all of her food from scratch, especially her salad dressings. Salads are a huge part of a plant based diet but can get boring if you're using the same Kraft Vinaigrette every day. So, grab your apron and check out my three favorite, easy salad dressing recipes below!

Lemon Vinaigrette

• Cook Time:0

• Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 a Lemon
  • Garlic Powder Basil
  • Salt &Pepper
beans, salad
Erin Arnold

Pour about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 tbsp of EVOO to a bowl. Season to taste and squeeze 1/2 of a lemon into the bowl.

tea
    Erin Arnold

Stir and pour!

lettuce, salad, vegetable
    Erin Arnold

This lemon vinaigrette is super light and really easy to make. It turns out vinaigrette is the simplest thing ever, who knew? I put the dressing on a mixed veggie salad with kidney beans and avocado, it was super fresh and crunchy! 

Citrus Avocado

• Cook Time:0

• 1 Whole Avocado
  • 1/2 Lime
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • Water
  • Cilantro Parsley Basil
  • Salt &Pepper
cheese, avocado, guacamole, lettuce, salad
Erin Arnold

In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth. Squeeze the lemon and lime into the bowl.

guacamole, juice, avocado, lime
    Erin Arnold

Whisk ingredients until smooth, add water as needed until mixture is pourable. Then, season to taste!

pesto, avocado
    Erin Arnold

This Citrus Avocado dressing is super thick and creamy and delicious on this spinach and arugula salad. If you thought you couldn't make avocado any better, turns out you can!

Spicy Citrus Sriracha

• Prep Time:5 secs
  • Cook Time:0
  • Total Time:5 secs

• Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1/2 Lime
lettuce, pepper, onion, vegetable, salad
Erin Arnold

Add 2 tbsp of Sriracha or your hot sauce of choice to a bowl. Squeeze the 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime into the bowl.

tomato, vegetable
    Erin Arnold

Add a splash of water and stir until completely combined.

vegetable, salad, soup
    Erin Arnold

This recipe is super quick and easy. Even though Sriracha is highly processed, it's 100% vegan and delicious with any meal. I added the Spicy Citrus Sriracha dressing to a quinoa bowl with roasted sweet potato, green beans, corn, and fresh lettuce.

Pour and Enjoy

All of these recipes have a base of citrus and spices that can be easily adapted to your tastes. The best thing to ensure your success on a plant based diet is to have all of the fruits and vegetables that you love right at your fingertips. Cans of beans and limes are super cheap, so don't be afraid to stock up on the simple stuff!

If you try out one of these recipes make sure to snap a picture and tag us on Instagram or Tweet us:  @Spoon_Drexel!