When you begin your routine morning Instagram scroll, you're bound to run into a picture of a really colorful and aesthetically pleasing smoothie bowl. While smoothie bars are becoming Instagram famous for their beautiful bowls, many of them don't live up to the hype in terms of health. High in sugar, fat, and calories, those smoothie bowls aren't as dainty as they look. Here are three smoothie bowl recipes that are actually healthy and that will fit right into your Insta feed.

Serious Superfood Smoothie Bowl

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen papaya
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
Nicola Morris

Blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender and top with your toppings of choice.

Why it's good for you: Papaya is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, dietary fiber, and is often linked to better digestion. Spirulina is packed with nutrients including B- vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, iron, and even protein (don't let the color scare you. You won't be able to taste it in your bowl).

Pink Protein Smoothie Bowl

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Nicola Morris

Blend all the ingredient together and top with the toppings of choice.

Why it's good for you: For people who struggle with getting enough protein in their diet, adding protein powder to your smoothie is a really easy (and delicious) way to incorporate more protein. Additionally, goji berries are extremely nutritionally dense and have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Coconut is a source of good fats, however, in order to have a truly healthy smoothie bowl, you need to be wary of portion sizes, as coconut is high in calories and fat. 

Green Smoothie Bowl

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 2 cups spinach
Nicola Morris

Blend all the ingredients together and top with your toppings of choice.

Why it's good for you: Spinach is one of the best greens to put in your smoothie bowls because it is packed with potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Plus, you can't even taste it! Hemp seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and proteins, and they have been associated with heart health, and improved digestion. 

Toppings, while they are delicious, and can totally make or break the look of the smoothie bowl, and can add some serious extra fat, sugar, and calories to your meal. Be sure to add lots of fruit on top, but when you want something a little extra, stick to reasonable portion sizes: 1 tablespoon of nut butters or unsweetened coconut flakes, 2 tablespoons of chia or hemp seeds, and ¼ of a cup of low-sugar granola. These toppings will keep these smoothie bowl recipes healthy and nutritious. Sticking to these portion sizes will make you feel as pretty as your smoothie bowl looks.