As a university student, I'm always looking for ways to "healthify" my meals. With the amount of late night pizza runs, instant noodles and hours of Netflix I binge, I try to eat food with nutritional value whenever I can. The ideal situation is when my meals are both healthy AND delicious, which is where this recipe comes in. 3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes are the perfect breakfast for when you're craving something sweet, and guilt-free!

This recipe is so simple and can easily be changed to fit anybody's pancake preferences. I'm always switching the protein powder flavours, add-ins, or toppings to keep it interesting.  These pancakes will leave you feeling satisfied even hours after eating, and with 36g of protein, it is the perfect pre or post workout breakfast. For this recipe, I used Kaizen Naturals Whey Protein, Decadent Chocolate flavour.  If you try creating this at home I guarantee you'll be addicted.

3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes

• 1 banana
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 scoop whey protein powder about 28g
Drew Durante

In a small bowl, mash up the banana using a fork.

Drew Durante

Separate egg whites and mix in with the banana. Set yolks aside.

Drew Durante

Add in protein powder to the mixture and stir to combine all ingredients.

Drew Durante

Over medium-low heat, grease a large skillet with coconut oil (or whatever non-stick substance you prefer).

Drew Durante

Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the pan.

Drew Durante

Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Drew Durante

Stack up the pancakes and add your favourite toppings (I used honey, blueberries, and cinnamon).

Drew Durante

BAM you have a delicious breakfast of 3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes!

Drew Durante

I want to emphasize that when you try this recipe at home feel free to change it up in any way that works best for you!  If your batter isn't thick enough, throw in more protein powder. If it's too thick, thin it out with more egg whites or milk. It's one of those recipes where exact measurements aren't overly important.  The fun thing about these 3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes is you have the ability to create different results everytime you make them.  

If you're having trouble coming up with ways to spice up your pancakes, you can get inspired by some of my favourite combinations: 

PB & J Pancakes: Use vanilla or chocolate protein powder in the batter and smear Peanut Butter and Jelly throughout the stack of pancakes once they've have been cooked. This will put your PB & J sandwiches to shame.  

Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Nothing new here! Sprinkle chocolate chips into your pancake batter after pouring them into the pan for a new take on a nostalgic classic. 

Lemon Blueberry Pancakes: Use vanilla protein powder in the batter and zest in a lemon as well.  Throw blueberries into your pancake batter after pouring them into the pan. Top with lemon juice, honey and more blueberries after they've been cooked.  This unique combo is tangy and delicious.