These easy treats are cheerful ways to tell your friends you're thinking of them this holiday season, and are sure to score you some brownie points. Each treat is adorable and short in total preparation time. I grew up making these with my Nana and they taught me the basics of baking and gift-giving; if I could figure it out, hopefully, so can any college student. 

Snowman Soup

• Cook Time:0

• 1 package hot cocoa mix
  • 3 semisweet chocolate chips
  • 15 marshmallows approx.
  • 1-2 candy canes
  • 2 Clear plastic bags
  • A festive mug
  • Ribbon
  • Printer/Paper
Samantha Shekarchi

Place the mini marshmallows, one package of hot chocolate mix and the chocolate kisses into a cellophane or clear plastic bag.

marshmallow, candy, sweet
    Avery Nicholson

Insert the packaged ingredients into the festive mug.

candy, chocolate

Print and insert the Snowman Soup poem (below) in the mug in a visible manner behind the ingredients.

Samantha Shekarchi

Put the candy cane(s) in the mug. The candy cane(s) serve as the recipient's stir stick for their soup. Wrap the mug with the plastic bag/wrap and tie at the top with ribbon.

Samantha Shekarchi

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops

• Chocolate Candy Melts
  • Large Marshmallows
  • Lollipop Sticks
  • Toppings coconut shavings sprinkles crushed candy canes
Samantha Shekarchi

Melt the candy melts in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until you can stir them with a spoon.

Samantha Shekarchi

Place a large marshmallow through a lollipop stick and dip in the bowl of melted chocolate until you can't see any more white.

Samantha Shekarchi

Assemble various toppings on a plate or a tray and dip the chocolate-submerged marshmallow in the toppings.

Samantha Shekarchi

Repeat steps 2 & 3 with each marshmallow. A cute way to allow each stick to dry is to poke holes in aluminum foil and stretch it over a mug or a box as seen below.

Samantha Shekarchi

Rolo Pretzel Turtles

• Parchment paper
  • Pecan Halves
  • Rolo Candies
  • Small pretzels
Samantha Shekarchi

Pre-heat oven to 250. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, unwrap the rolos.

Samantha Shekarchi

Place small pretzels over the parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Place one rolo on each pretzel.

Samantha Shekarchi

Bake 3-5 minutes in the oven. Once they're out, place a pecan on each of the pretzel-rolo pairs and push down like shown below.

Samantha Shekarchi

Wrap and gift however you like. If you have mason jars laying around, tying up with ribbon and fabric makes for a great holiday themed present.

Samantha Shekarchi

I hope you enjoy these 3 easy holiday treats! Each has minimal preparation time and can serve as really thoughtful and festive ways to show your friends and family you want them to stay cheerful this winter, no matter the festivities they partake in or holiday they celebrate. 

Shoutout to my Nana for the help!