Sometimes simple is a good thing, especially if it means fewer ingredients and easier cleanup. Whether you're prepping Thanksgiving in a dorm room or plan to host a full feast, these easy Thanksgiving recipes can each be made in just one bowl but are still delicious enough to make your grandmother proud on Turkey Day.

Once you've created your delicious dish, snap the perfect pic with these six tips for taking food photos or pair it with a batch of Apple Cider Sans Gria. 

Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes

• russet potatoes
  • small log herbed goat cheese
Cailey Tervo

Clean the potatoes and cut them into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl and cover them with water. You may need to split them into two batches!

Microwave on high for five minutes. After five minutes, pierce the potatoes with a fork to check for doneness. Careful, they'll be hot. If your fork easily goes into the potatoes, remove them from the microwave. If your fork doesn't easily pierce the potatoes, microwave for two more minutes and check again.

Drain the excess water from the potatoes and mash them slightly with a fork. Add the goat cheese and continue mashing to desired consistency. If you're feeling fancy, top them with sliced up chives.

Cailey Tervo

So-Fresh Cranberry Sauce

• fresh or frozen cranberries
  • an orange
  • maple syrup
Cailey Tervo

Place the cranberries in a microwave-safe bowl. Add four tablespoons of maple syrup.

Cailey Tervo

Cut the orange in half and add the juice of half of the orange to the cranberries. Grate one tablespoon of orange zest and add it to the cranberries. If you don't have a grater, peel the outer skin off of the orange and chop it as small as possible.

Cover the bowl and microwave for four minutes. Stir, and microwave for two more minutes. The cranberries should be soft enough that they break open when you stir the sauce. Let cool before serving.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

• Cook Time:0

• confectioners sugar
  • cream cheese
  • 15-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
  • cinnamon
  • ground ginger
Cailey Tervo

Let an 8-ounce package of cream cheese come to room temperature. Combine 2 cups of confectioners sugar and cream cheese. Whip until combined. If you have a hand mixer, that's ideal, but if not, a spoon will work!

Cailey Tervo

Stir in the pumpkin pie filling, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of ginger. Serve with gingersnaps, apple slices, graham crackers, or your treat of choice.

Cooking in a dorm can be a challenge, but once you pick up a few simple tools and tricks you can make your gourmet dreams a reality. Here are a few of our favorite small-space cooking hacks:

- Snag a couple of packets of mayo from the campus dining hall. You can use them in a pinch when you need butter or oil!

- Your coffee maker can double as a water heater — perfect for oatmeal, ramen, or any other type of pasta.

- Speaking of ramen, hold on to any extra seasoning packets. They work wonders for a bland dish!

See more of our best dorm kitchen cooking tricks here!