Truffles have always been one of my favorite desserts. Who doesn’t love anything coated in chocolate? When I came across this recipe for cookie dough truffles on the blog love and olive oil, I tried them and they instantly become a favorite. I even make them at college.

My friends and roommates inspired me to experiment with the recipe to cater it to their personal tastes – so here you have it: 3 decadent truffles all from the same base. Pick your favorite, or make all of the them. They are all worth it. I promise you.

Three Truffles Recipe

• Prep Time:1 hour
  • Cook Time:-
  • Total Time:1 hour
  • Servings:3-4 dozen

• 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup milk or cream
  • 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
  • 14 oz dark chocolate candy coating
  • 6 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
Photo by Julie Lin

Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add milk or cream and vanilla. Mix.

Photo by Julie Lin

Stir in salt and flour on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated.

Photo by Julie Lin

Stir in chocolate chips.

Photo by Julie Lin

Divide the dough into thirds. Leave 1/3 plain for the Cookie Dough Truffles.

For the Brownie Batter Truffles, use an electric mixer on medium to incorporate the cocoa powder and milk.

Photo by Julie Lin

For the Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles, take the last portion of dough and mix in the peanut butter on medium speed, then stir in the crushed pretzels.

Photo by Julie Lin

Form dough into tbsp sized balls and place on a baking sheeting covered in wax paper. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Photo by Julie Lin

Melt candy coating either in a sauce pan over medium heat, or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for increments of 30 seconds.

Photo by Julie Lin

Using a fork, dip the chilled balls into the chocolate and place on wax paper.

Photo by Julie Lin

Chill until set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.

Photo by Julie Lin