With the Boston Marathon rapidly approaching, runners are pushing themselves with their last minute training, while us spectators prepare in our own way. From Hopkinton to Natick to Newton to Back Bay, we too can be part of the action by eating our way along the historic marathon course—mile by mile. 

Mile 1: Hopkinton—The Spoon 

As the Boston Marathon runners prepare for a strong start to their 26.2 mile trek, spectators too can start their long day off right. Although Mile 1 in Hopkinton is usually complete mayhem, early birds will be able to squeeze in brunch at The Spoon and fuel up on their breakfast sandwiches, omelets, or sweet array of pancake and french toast choices. 1 Lumber St. Hopkinton, MA

Mile 2: Ashland—The Oregon Club 

At Mile 2, energy and morale is still high. If you find yourself spectating at this early point in Ashland, The Oregon Club is a great local spot to grab a bite. The Oregon Club opened in 1922, just 25 years after the start of the Boston Marathon and was originally a speakeasy club. The club prides itself in continuing its legacy of great food in an relaxing atmosphere. 117 Oregon Rd, Ashland, MA

Mile 3: Ashland—Stone's Public House

Still in Ashland, yet further up the route, is Stone's Public House  where you can celebrate Marathon Monday in true Bostonian spirit. While the runners continue to pace themselves for their long run ahead, stop in for with a pint at this Irish-American Pub. Treat yourself, you have a whole day of spectating ahead of yourself. 179 Main St , Ashland MA

Mile 4: Framingham—Bourbon's Kitchen 

Mile 4 of the Boston Marathon makes its way through Framingham MA, home of Bourbon's Kitchen and Cocktails. Bourbon's Kitchen's mission is to bring the city atmosphere to the suburbs, meaning you'll be able can feel the Boston's energy from the comforts of the suburbs. Try one of their "throwback cocktails with a "modern twist" with a pizza or pasta dishes with some of their famous truffle parm fries. 47 Beacon St, Framingham, MA

Mile 5: Framingham—Ken's Steakhouse

Also along the route in Framingham is Ken's Steakhouse, where you can expect a hearty lunch or dinner. If you secure a reservation, try eating in The Dining Room, which became famous for prime sirloin of beef, planked scrod and distinctive side dishes of fresh grilled veggies or sweet potato fries with cinnamon seasoning. Celebrate the holiday right! 95 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA

Mile 6: Framingham—Green Leaf Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant

If you are vegetarian or vegan, or just looking for a bit of a healthier option, you can still find something to eat along the route at Green Leaf in Framingham. Open for brunch, lunch and dinner, they serve tofu scrambles, breakfast bowls, eggs any style, pancakes, waffles, french toast, vegan and gluten free soups, colorful salads, wraps, beet burgers, falafel, zoodles, quesadillas, burritos or pizza. Satisfy any craving you have as you watch the runners pass by! 62 Water St, Framingham, MA

Mile 7: Natick—Casey's Diner

Located just one block off the course, this diner has a walk-up window for to-go orders, or stools and a counter inside of the quaint dinner. Casey's Diner has been serving their classic burgers and dogs longer than the 122 years of the Boston Marathon itself. Cheap and delicious, stop in for breakfast and get the Good Morning Burger ($5.50)—topped with bacon, egg, and cheese on an english muffin or bagel, or Pat's French Toast ($4.50)—made with 3 hearty slices of potato bread is sure to fill you up for a morning of cheering on the runners. 36 South Ave., Natick, MA

Mile 8: Natick—The Common Cafe & Kitchen 

If you're looking for some baked goods to start your day, or a box of treats for the road, the Bakery on the Common is just steps off the race course from the spectating spot on Central Street. They serve breakfast and lunch in addition to their cupcakes, pastries, and cookies, but their most popular Marathon Monday item is definitely their themed cookies in the shape of runners. 9 South Main St, Natick, MA

Mile 9: Natick—Station 5 Grille

Just past the 1/3 point, The Station 5 Grille is the perfect spot to stop for a brunch or lunch break when cheering on the runners. They're famous for their fresh baked muffins that change with the pallets of the season, sweet and savory breakfasts, and sandwiches, burgers, dogs, or salads. 17 Watson St, Natick, MA

Mile 10: Natick—Smash Burger

If you are worried about missing too much of the running action, stop by this Smashburger location in Natick for a speedy and convenient burger, Haagen-Dazs milkshake, chicken sandwich, salad, or side. They guarantee their service in under 6 minutes, so you can be assured you will be back cheering on the action in no time.  1298 Worcester St, Natick 

Mile 11: Natick—Minado Japanese Buffet 

If you're looking for a change of pace from the burgers, pizzas, or steaks, try some fresh sushi at Minado in Natick. For the set price of $17.95 you can have an all you can eat buffet of sushi and other seafood in a sleek, contemporary setting. This is located just by the Natick Mall near Mile 11, perfect if you need to pick up something else on your way back out to watch! 1282 Worcester St, Natick, MA

Mile 12: Wellesley—The Local

The Local in Wellsely is right off the Boston Marathon route, so try to grab a table early—you could have prime seating while enjoying a great meal. Be sure to try their Warm Potato Chips with French onion dip while you are waiting for the runners to head east. 11 Forest St, Wellesley, MA

Mile 13: Wellesley—Bocado Tapas Wine Bar

Celebrate with the runners as they cross their halfway point with some wine and tapas at Bocado in Wellesley. Come with a big group and order a bunch of small plates to be shared with everyone in the party. Enjoy their array of meats and cheeses, tapas plates, a large plate entree or paella and dessert. 45 Church St, Wellesley, MA

Mile 14: Wellesley—CK Shanghai 

Another change of pace from American cuisine, CK Shanghai is a great choice. Here you can find authentic Chinese cuisine, with hundreds of dishes from all over China. You can even grab some dumplings to go and head back to watch the race. 15 Washington St, Wellesley, MA

Mile 15: Wellesley Hills—Papa Razzi 

Papa Razzi Trattoria is an Italian dining restaurant that offers Tuscan specialties, regional Italian wines, and vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. They offer a relaxed, family friendly environment that will be perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner for any hungry spectators. Be sure to try their fresh bread that is baked hourly from scratch and any of their house made desserts. 16 Washington Street, Wellesley, M

Mile 16: Newton—Farmstead Table

Farmstead Table is a relatively new American country kitchen restaurant inspired by local farmers. Open for drinks, brunch, lunch and dinner, Farmstead has a little bit of everything. Be sure to try their Basket of Popovers with jam, which are warm and flakey, and seem to sell out within a few hours of their brunch rush. 71 Union St, Newton, MA 

Mile 17: Newton—Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes Pizza in Newton Centre serves Neapolitan-style pie which means the crust is rolled very thin right before your eyes. Along with the typical American favorites, the shop offers 11 specialty pizzas including their most popular, the Pesto Splash. If you get bored of watching all those runners burn cals, go hit up the pizza place! 47 Langley Rd, Newton Centre, MA 

Mile 18: Newton—New England Soup Factory

With Boston weather being as unpredictable as it is, it's impossible to predict the temperature for this April day. With the possibility of chilly temps and rain, The New England Soup Factory is a safe haven to warm you up. Their menu consists of a wide variety of soups made from scratch, along with other warm comfort foods that will keep your spirits up in the event of dreary weather. 244 Needham St, Newton, MA. 

Mile 19—Union Street

Union Street is a Boston College student's favorite place to eat and hang. The spot features upscale comfort food and innovative interpretations of Southern classics. If the weather goes as planned, enjoy the area's largest patio for the best al fresco dining. Their extensive drink, lunch, and dinner menu features a bit of everything from poke to nachos. Stick around for dessert from one of their daily specials from Sugar Bakery— including this creative take on S'mores, seen above. 107 Union St, Newton, MA

Mile 20: Newton—Fiorella's

Fiorella's is well known by locals for their delicious Italian cooking. They offer both a full service restaurant, as well as speedy and affordable take out options for a delicious meal on the fly. Their menu features traditional Italian entrees, pizzas, and daily specials. 187 North St, Newton, MA

Mile 21: Chestnut Hill—The Cottage

As a BC student, Mile 21 holds a spot near and dear to my heart. Here, runners are greeted with a ton of noise and energy from the screaming Eagles of BC. However, all that clearing and excitement certainly works up an appetite. Luckily, mile 21 spectators have plenty of options for refueling. If looking for a sit down meal, The Cottage in Chestnut Hill is a great option. After a day of drinking and cheering on the runners, few things sound more appetizing than their massive nacho and guac plate. 47 Boylston St, Chestnut Hill, MA

Mile 22: Cleveland Circle—Pino's Pizzeria 

Pino's Pizzeria is another Boston College crowd favorite. While it's usually the go-to late night take out location after a night out, exceptions are made on Marathon Monday when the tiny Cleveland Circle restaurant is packed with energetic, hungry BC students while the sun is still shinning. It's the ultimately pick-me up when you start to lose steam during the Marathon Monday darties, or a perfect way to end the day. 1920 Beacon St, Brighton, MA

Mile 23: Brookline—Washington Square Tavern 

Right in the middle of the Marathon Monday action is the Washington Square tavern in Brookline, which puts out a special grill set up out side of the Tavern. Here they grill sausages, burgers, and dogs continuously from 11am to 4:30pm. Inside of the restaurant, the bar is open with beer and special race-day Bloody Marys and a mimosa bar starting at 11 o'clock. 714 Washington St, Brookline, MA 

Mile 24: Brookline—Emack and Bolio's 

If you've had your fill of burgers and beer and are looking for a refreshing treat, Emack &Bolio's is sure to satisfy. Keep up the Bostonian spirit with their Beantown Buzz ice cream, which will be sure to give you the pick me up you need to keep the runners going. 1663 Beacon St, Brookline, MA

Mile 25: Back Bay—Lansdowne Pub

Mile 25 finds itself in Back Bay, where there is no shortage of good eats, such as the Landsdowne Pub. This Irish pub will have you feeling like a true Bostonian. As the runners near the the finish, end the day here for a cold pint and the pub's mixed Irish tradition and Boston heritage. Try some Boston favorites such as their oysters, sausage, potato skins, and clam chowder. 9 Landsdowne St, Boston, MA

Mile 26: Copley Square—Parish Cafe

The big finish!! Copley Square will no doubt be a very popular place on Marathon Monday, but if you are able to squeeze your way into Parish Cafe, you won't be sorry. After a long day of watching, nothing will taste better than cold beer and a giant sandwich or steaming bowl of mac n' cheese. 361 Boylston St, Boston, MA

Get ready Bostonians, April 16th is quickly approaching. Come hungry and remember: Its a marathon, not a sprint.