Using just one pan in the kitchen simplifies everything, from the process of preparing your ingredients to cooking your meal to post-meal clean up. When making one-pan recipes, remember to utilize the fat left from cooking meats to then cook your vegetables. And cut up your meat into small chunks to help cook everything faster and ensure that everything actually fits in one pan. With these useful tips, you'll be able to expand your culinary horizons without stressing yourself out about juggling multiple pots and pans. These one-pan chicken recipes in particular are guaranteed to come in handy as you're starting to cook for yourself more often. 

1. Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Broccolli

Following this one pan chicken recipe will truly make you feel like a celebrity chef. Since this dish is so busy, a perfect side could be some penne pasta tossed in Parmesan cheese. The pasta will be able to capture the taste of the broccoli and chicken while also adding some more substance to your meal. And the final product feeds six, so it's a meal that really just keeps on giving.

2. Creamy Tuscan Chicken

Super creamy and super delicious, this dish is exactly what you want to come home to after a long day of work. The moist chicken and creamy sauce will help you slip perfectly into your night's sleep. This dish would also be perfect over pasta or rice to soak up all that extra sauce.

3. French Onion Chicken

I have this weird thing for French onion soup. I think it started when I discovered my love for onions – I eat them raw, cooked, caramelized, any which way. With the gruyere cheese melted over top, this chicken is definitely one I'm going to try for myself. It wouldn't be a bad idea to enjoy this with a dinner roll or slice of sourdough bread, perfect for sauce-dipping.

4. Chicken Fajitas

Chicken fajitas are perfect for the person on the move. It's a quick dinner to make and a happy meal to feast on. Just cook your chicken, cut up whatever veggies you want, throw in some fajita seasoning and spices, and you're ready to go. You also can't forget about the toppings — cheese, sour cream, avocado/guacamole, queso, salsa, or corn. Then you can decide to throw it over a bed of lettuce, rice, or into a tortilla.

5. Honey Garlic Chicken

Who complains when they eat Asian-inspired chicken? I couldn't tell you, I'm too busy eating to pay attention. To add some flair into this dish, take inspiration from your classic Chinese takeout places. Pair your chicken with rice or a side of vegetables.

6. Chicken Parmesan Pasta

Chicken Parmesan is a classic dish, I just don't know how the Italians would feel about condensing it all into one pan, but I'm all about it. Feel free to mix it up and not use grain pasta — try it with some spaghetti squash to make the meal gluten-free. 

7. Cuban Chicken with Rice and Beans

Martha Stewart coming in with the cultural dishes! I grew up eating chicken prepared this way using a lot more pans, so I'll definitely have to pass this recipe onto my family. It's the full package—chicken, rice, and vegetables—that's perfect right away or meal prepped.

8. Chicken Noodle Soup

Nothing ends a day better than a trough of hot chicken noodle soup. To everyone who says it's a strictly sick food, you're wrong. There's never a wrong time to have a hug from the inside.

9. Chicken Marsala Pasta

Chicken, mushrooms, sauce, pasta. It's truly a one-pan party, and I hope I'm invited. You can also try this lighter chicken marsala, which still has all the flavors or this classic dish.

10. Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry

Stir-fry is easy, an overall fan favorite, and the MVP of one-pan chicken recipes. Even Migos wrote a song about it... kind of. And you definitely don't have to stop at broccoli—throw in some peppers, mushrooms, or onions, because practically anything tastes delicious in stir-fry sauce. Layer over rice and you have a meal.

11. Coconut Chicken Curry and Rice

I always get intimidated by curry, but it's surprisingly easy to make. All you really need is curry powder and coriander (aka cilantro). Throw in some grilled tomatoes or roasted red peppers to accentuate the flavor of the curry.

12. Garlic Ranch Chicken and Veggies

Ranch is one of the newer food trends, and it should be. Ranch makes everything more delicious–vegetables, pizza, chicken, salads—the list goes on. 

13. Chicken Burrito Bowl

Who needs Chipotle when you have your kitchen? Still me, but my wallet definitely appreciates my culinary skills more than I do. Burrito bowls are so easy, so customizable, and just a good choice if you're lazy and looking at a fridge full of food you're not sure what to do with.

14. Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken

Double orange or bust, that's all I have to say. It tastes good cold, hot, and even two days after you made it. With chicken, it's sometimes hard to think about ways to make it more exciting, but at the same time, there are so many ways to prepare it!

15. Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad

Chicken Caesar salads are fool-proof. I can't even mess them up, except I typically use microwavable chicken. With this salad, consider making it in bulk to save yourself time later. Just wait to toss in the dressing until the end. And to mix things up, you can throw it in a wrap or on top of a flatbread.

These one-pan chicken recipes are perfect for the nights when it's your turn to do the dishes. They're simplified and easy to follow, but most importantly they'll put a smile on everyone's faces.