The average margarita includes tequila, triple sec liqueur, and lime juice in a salt-rimmed glass. And while no one would complain if you made a batch of margs for a party, why not mix it up? Sometimes it's more fun to eat cocktails than drink them, which is where this list of margarita desserts comes into play. These desserts burst with that tangy margarita flavor, but they're much more portable and budget-friendly than the original drink. Whip up one (or a few) of these desserts and prepare to party.

1. Margarita Cake Balls 

Pop a margarita in your mouth with these cake balls. These treats take some work, but they're worth the extra effort for a boozy treat. 

2. Margarita Cupcakes

All the tequila is in these cupcakes—it's mixed into the cake, brushed on top of the cupcakes, and whipped into the frosting. All that liquor leads to a prevalent lime and tequila taste, so you'll inhale these if you're a huge margarita fan.

3. Margarita Cake

Eat a slice of cocktail with this elegant cake layered with lime curd and triple sec frosting. Everyone will be so impressed if you make this masterpiece for a party.

4. Margarita Bars

Instead of going to a bar that serves margaritas, make these margarita bars. They're buttery bars full of citrus and lime flavors supported by a sweet graham crust. They're sure to be a hit at your next cocktail hour.

5. Margarita Pie

What's better than a key lime pie? A boozy key lime pie. Margarita pie tastes just like the drink, and it's even topped with lime wedges. 

6. Margarita Cheesecake Bites

These bites have a salty pretzel crust instead of a salted rim, and lime cheesecake is definitely better than margarita mix. The hardest part of making these bites is waiting for the cheesecake to set in the freezer.

7. Margarita Ice Cream

This treat combines two things most adults love: ice cream and margaritas. This five-ingredient ice cream is best served in a glass with a salted rim.  

8. Margarita Ice Cream Float

Margarita ice cream floats combine ice cream and margaritas but in a slightly different way than margarita ice cream. It's basically ice cream plopped into a margarita and is the epitome of summer living.

9. Margarita Poke Cake

Even the laziest bakers can make this cake. You only need cake mix, margarita mix, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream for a pretty poke cake.

10. Margarita Macarons

Macarons are much harder to make than margaritas, but they're also much fancier. They'd be fun to make for a fancy summer tea (or cocktail) party. 

11. Margarita Macaroons

Macaroons are a great treat alone, but are even better with some tropical margarita flair. Be transported to the beach with a bite of these coconut lime macaroons.

12. Margarita Lollipops

Lollipops are a unique sugary spin on the classic. They'd be a great addition to gift bags to keep the party going.

13. Margarita Popsicles

Margarita popsicles are basically frozen margaritas. And frozen margaritas are even better than regular margaritas in the summer. These pops are a perfect way to beat the heat.

14. Frozen Margarita Tart

Another way to cool off in the summer sun is with a piece of this frozen tart. It has all the classic margarita flavors on a salty pretzel crust. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream and a slice of lime.

15. Margarita Cookies

All the best baked goods have some salt in them to balance out all the sugar, and these cookies are no exception. They're made with tequila and lime zest, and then rolled in a sweet and salty coating. They're bite-sized, so treat yourself to more than one.

What are you waiting for? Make yourself a margarita if you're of age; then get to work, and make one of these salty-sweet delights to go along with your drink. And try to use freshly squeezed lime juice if the recipe calls for it, because the bottled stuff just doesn't compare.