It's the week before your parents have planned to visit you at school and you're panicking about planning the weekend's culinary agenda. Either you can't remember the last time you ate anything but dining hall/microwavable food, or you don't want them to know that most of your meals consist of ordering pizza at 3 a.m. after a long night out.

Either way, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity to woo them with your savvy knowledge of Nashville restaurants. Added bonus: it's their treat. 

Here is a list of 8 places you can dine that will impress your parents and show them what Nashville is all about. There's a good chance you've heard of a few of these sacred establishments but haven't had the chance to check them out, because college. Well now's your chance. 

1. 5th and Taylor 

A photo posted by 5th & Taylor (@5thandtaylor) on

With options for brunch and dinner, this American restaurant located in Germantown was actually created with the idea of bringing back the traditional family meal. The vision and design of the space is as rich as its menu and you can be sure to find something as mouth-watering as this Chicken Skin Biscuit.

2. Josephine

pancake, sweet, doughnut
Jen Reynolds

Josephine prides itself on creating a menu that is simple yet decadent, and they guarantee you'll find a wine to accompany your choice. Located on bustling 12th South, Josephine is a perfect stop on your tour of Nashville. You don't want to miss your "I Believe in Nashville" photo op. 

3. Husk 

chicken, meat, vegetable
Mary Beth Schatzman

Located in the heart of Downtown, Husk's motto is: “If it doesn’t come from the South, it’s not coming through the door", you're guaranteed a unique and authentic Nashville experience. Their menu changes daily, but they keep an archive so you can get a feel for what to expect if it's your first time.

4. Virago 

pork, pork chop, bacon, sauce
Posey Memishian

Virago blurs the line between cuisine and art. The menu is innovative and artistic and you don't have to be a sushi-lover to find something you'll enjoy. Whether it's brunch with a view or half priced Sake on Mondays, you won't be disappointed. 

5. Blue Bird Cafe

What is a visit to Nashville without live music? This world-renowned listening room has been known to be the favorite spot of some of the city's most talented artists. Don't forget to make reservations if you want to pair some down-home cooking with a show and the possibility of seeing someone ~famous~.

6. Acme 

bacon
Annam Iyer

Acme's building, first constructed in 1890, pays homage to the city's past, present and future with three floors of food and entertainment to explore. Acme offers live music and a rooftop lounge that overlooks Broadway, all of which you can enjoy with a cocktail and a variety of food items. Try and leave without a souvenir

7. Etch 

shrimp, prawn, seafood
Alexa Levitt

Etch's menu offers a little bit of everything to drool over. One of their items is literally a "Butter Tasting" which you would have to be crazy to turn down. Not to mention, Chef and Owner Deb Paquette became the first woman in Tennessee to qualify as a certified executive chef which is pretty incredible.

8. Catbird Seat 

soup, tea, broth
Mary Beth Schatzman

Always save the most lavish for last. Cat Bird Seat doesn't lie when they describe their dining as an experience. You have to create a login to reserve your chance to try Chef Ryan Poli's tasting menu and I would suggest planning weeks in advance. Your tastebuds will be treated to a multi-course marathon of food that is worth the non-refundable ticket.

A photo posted by @carysfood on

You'll walk away from the experience with a hand written memento of your meal.

Whether you prefer a casual setting with live music, or something more upscale, Nashville offers a range of perfect places to honor an occasion as special as your parents' visit. Follow this guide and they'll be back sooner than you may think/want.