Students at DU are blessed to have both Chipotle and Illegal Pete's just down the road from campus. But if you are craving a higher end Mexican restaurant, with affordable prices Rio Grande is the perfect place. It gives you plates packed with food, on a college student budget.

1. Bottomless Chips and Salsa

First off Rio Grande gives you UNLIMITED FREE chips and salsa for your table. This could be a meal in itself because it is so delicious. All the chips are fresh baked and the salsa has the perfect spice level. So when you are waiting for your entree to come out, you are never empty handed with their bottomless chips.

sauce, chips, avocado, guacamole, salsa
Talia Schaer

2. There is Every Type of Appetizer 

Rio Grande has every type of food you could possibly want. To start you can get one of their delicious appetizers like Guacamole or Queso Verduras. Plus if you want something to eat on the lighter side they have soups and salads, like their amazing Tortilla Soup. Also they repurpose old bottles to have a cute way to refill your water glass and make you feel classy AF.

3. There Are So Many Food Options

For a main course they have Classics like: Chile Rellenos, Huevos Rancheros, and Flautas. Or you can choose from their selection of Burritos, Nachos, Quesadillas, Fajitas, Tacos, Enchiladas, or Tostadas. Whenever I go I get the bean and cheese burrito, with a small portion of rice on the side with one of their less spicy sauces. These plates of food come fully packed and leave you feeling full and 

4. They Have Amazing Brunch and Dessert

If you and your friends are going out to brunch, no worries. Rio Grande has brunch every weekend from 11-4, so can get your marg on with brunch. Or if you are feeling something sweet they have a variety of Mexican desserts to indulge in like the Crispy Sopapilla

5. They Have Killer Margs

If you are feeling a little bit festive at dinner, their bar has you covered. They have their legendary Margaritas, Wine, Beer, and other classic cocktails. Plus every Thursday night there is a late happy hour, or as Rio calls it, "College Night" which has crazy deals on their legendary margaritas. 

#SpoonTip Sign up for the Marg Mob if you are over 21 to get a free Margarita when you sign up.

So the next time you are downtown looking for a new place to try, make sure you go to the Rio Grande. It has a great atmosphere, amazing food, and delicious drinks, while being at a super affordable price.