As the weather has gotten nicer lately, I have become more eager to find a new place to study. I searched high and low for a coffee shop that would be a good study spot for the Spring. I found Maypop Coffee and Garden Shop, so I decided to finally get out of my drab apartment and try a fresh, new atmosphere. 

Location: 803 Marshall Avenue

Webster Groves, MO 63119 (about a 15 minute drive from Saint Louis University)

Hours:

COFFEE

Mon - Sat: 7am - 5pm

Sun: 8am - 4pm

Wed: Happy Hour 4-7pm

​GARDEN

Mon - Sat: 9am - 5pm

​Sun: 9am - 4pm

Wed: Happy Hour 4-7pm

Price Range: $$

Other Amenities: Free WiFi, clean bathrooms, nice background music, home-y feel, friendly staff

Why Maypop is The Perfect Spring Study Spot in St. Louis

If you are looking for a new place to study on a nice Spring day, Maypop Coffee and Garden Shop is the place to be. Located in a quaint area of Webster Groves, there is plenty of seating both inside the coffee shop and outside in the greenhouse. Whether you are trying to focus, or just enjoy some coffee and flowers, Maypop has a spot for you. 

1. Their Unique Concept and Aesthetic

Sarah Siebels

The inside of the coffee shop area is filled with small tables, plants, relaxed music and natural lighting. They even have a "Sunny South Window" where they display "happy succulents." This goes to show what kind of good, and refreshing vibes this place has. 

2. Their Amazing Menu

Sarah Siebels

The menu consists of a variety of coffee and tea drinks, along with hot chocolate and bottled Fitz's soda and sparkling water. If you order a flavored drink, they use delicious syrups (vanilla, caramel, and chocolate) made in-house from real sugar. They also feature vegan and gluten free baked goods from Whisk: A Sustainable Bakeshop and in-house baked options as well. 

3. The Greenhouse Vibes

Sarah Siebels

The outside greenhouse area is a great place to sit and enjoy a warm, sunny day. This area is full of so much color and lively gardeners browsing the variety of flower and seed options available for sale. You can find just about any flower or plant that you are looking for, as there is a diverse collection.

4. Their Holistic Approach

Sarah Siebels

Their namesake, from a Maypop flower which blossoms into a fruit during Summer, is multi-functional and demonstrates the spirit of their shop. Their core values, as listed on their website, include simple and holistic living and sharing their knowledge of biodiversity with others

5. Spring is the Time To Try New Things 

What better time to try new things than Spring, the season of rejuvenation and regrowth? Plus, being in a natural environment can help relieve stress. An article by the Heart Foundation, backed by science, even says so! 

Now, get out of your dorm and enjoy a beautiful, Spring day at Maypop Coffee & Garden Shop if you're in the St. Louis area! You might just find the ideal study spot in St. Louis for the Spring. Enjoy flowers, coffee or tea, baked treats, good vibes, and get stuff done.